Forums

By posting to our forums you are agreeing to the Forum terms of use.
How to get into Scrum and coding industry?
Last Post 08 Feb 2013 04:20 AM by Ian Mitchell. 1 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BonfirePM
BonfirePM

--
28 Jan 2013 08:12 PM
    Hello everyone,

I been working for a network infrastructure company doing planning and estimating for about ten years. I've been interested in switching industries for sometime since I have always been much more interested in coding than the infrastructure side of networking. I have recently gotten my PMP and I have a BS in CIM.

Is getting the PSM 1 a good move? There would defiantly be learning curve to pick up the software industry, but honestly, there is a learning curve involved in any industry switch.

I've taken the open assessment a few times and I'm scoring 90% on it. I've read the guide and I've read the book "Essentials of Scrum" about a year ago.

Thanks!

Ian Mitchell
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    08 Feb 2013 04:20 AM
    I'd suggest you get involved in some open source projects to obtain coding experience. Most OS projects need documentation done and that can be a good low-risk starting point.

There's arguably a more limited opportunity to grow agile development skills by going that route. However open source contributions can look good on a resume, especially if they are for software development tools that potential employers use themselves.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback