Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

What's next?
Last Post 29 Apr 2013 03:46 AM by Alice Menezes. 4 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Vandana Koul
Vandana Koul

--
02 Apr 2013 06:12 AM
    Hi,

I recently passed the certification for the PSM I. I'm currently looking for a job and was a business analyst in my previous role.I see most of the job openings ask for scrum knowledge and experience.What would be the next step for me to build on PSM I knowledge?

Thanks
    vandana koul.
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    02 Apr 2013 07:23 AM
    Probably to continue as a BA, but on an Agile project. A true Scrum project won't have a separate BA role but a more general Agile project could allow progression to something like a Scrum Master position. I once appointed a BA as a Scrum Master because she was the person who, in the field, actually did most to facilitate things and remove team impediments.

Occasionally there are job openings for so-called Scrum Master positions where you also have to be a BA. In my experience, most of these are for new projects where the hiring of a BA has been overlooked, Product Ownership is unidentified or weak, and an Agile PM of some sort is expected to get things going, such as by creating a candidate Product Backlog.
    Alice Menezes
    Alice Menezes

--
    18 Apr 2013 04:01 AM
    Yes.....he's right. A business analyst's post is good but move on to <a href= "http://www.agiledistributed.com/">agile methodology</a>. The transition maybe difficult, but its worth it.
    KRISHNAKUMAR VELLINGIRI NAGARAJAN
    KRISHNAKUMAR VELLINGIRI NAGARAJAN

--
    25 Apr 2013 12:12 AM
    Hello Vandana,

I'm soon planning to prepare PSM - One exam and could you please share what materials which you had used to pass the exam ?

Thanks in Advance
    Krishna
    Alice Menezes
    Alice Menezes

--
    29 Apr 2013 03:46 AM
    Web gate international provides some good material for PSM

http://www.agiledistributed.com/
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback