Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Scrum master certification without attending class room training.
Last Post 07 Jul 2016 09:44 AM by Kostiantyn Sotnykov. 39 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
sadhana s
sadhana s

--
03 May 2016 10:52 AM
Hi i need help with the following queries,

1) where could i find the notes to clear my scrum master certification

2) where and how can i take up thi exam?

3) i have experience working as a scrum master(shadow support) , with this certification what are the chances of finding a job?
Alzoubi Ila
Alzoubi Ila

--
03 May 2016 08:04 PM

Sadhana,

1. I assume you are asking about professional scrum master 1 (PSM 1) certification.
- To get overall info - go to the "Assessments" link on the top of this page. Read all the info about PSM

2. In addition to the information you got in scrum.org Assessments, check out the short book that is also good summary of the certification right from enrolling, payments to preparation - http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Guide-...B019KU3KKW

3. Well... The certification is just like any other standard credentials used in the market. It will open the doors for initial interviews with prospective employers. There after, it depends on actual competencies you can demonstrate from experience and indepth understanding. I did my my CSM. However, PSM seems to be much better in imparting the fundamentals of scrum. So, it could be a great learning experience too

Cheers!
Jack William
Jack William

--
27 May 2016 03:14 AM
Scrum master certification without attending class room training.

It might be helpful for you to check out Inspect and Adapt (https://inspectandadapt.com/). They have an e-learning section.
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
08 Jun 2016 04:50 AM
What is difference between CSM (certify Scrum Master) and PSM (professional scrum master) ? As per my knowledge for both we need to use same guide then what is actual difference?

Thanks
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
08 Jun 2016 05:52 AM
Hello John
Thank you for your post(blog post). It is really helpful. Can you please tell me which open assessment to practice for PSM1. There are 4 different assessment:

https://www.scrum.org/Assessments/Open-Assessments

Thanks
Khushboo
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
08 Jun 2016 08:13 AM
Hello
Thank you for all this info. Do we need to buy mplaza assessment test? or it's free? Because when i try to look on mplaza website looks like i need to pay to get that assessment.
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui

--
12 Jun 2016 06:53 PM
Hello Kushboo,
I wrote the PSM 1 today and cleared with 98%.
I didn't buy any paid course nor did any training and solely relied on self study.

This is what i did and suggest

1- Read the scrum and nexus guide inside out atleast 4-5 times. The trick is understand the implied meaning of sentences as a lot of the questions in the assessment will not be straight forward but rather implied

2 - Do all the open assessments atleast 7-8 times scoring 100% consistently. I think around 10-15 questions in the PSM were repeated from the Open Assessments.The open assessments are much easier than the actual PSM.

3- Try the FREE PSM Mock Assessment by Mikhail Lapshin - (http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-q...ing-mode/) . This is only free assessment that is available on the net and is really good. The questions are also similar to the actual PSM.

Hats off to Mikhail for putting this together and helping the community

4- Check the Scrum.org forum discussion to gain understanding on topics

Hope this helps !!

Aamir
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
13 Jun 2016 11:08 AM
Thank you Amir and congratulation!! Can you please tell me which open assessment to practice for PSM1. There are 4 different assessment: 1) Scrum Open 2)Nexus open 3)Product owner open and 4)Developer open ?

Thanks
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui

--
13 Jun 2016 01:49 PM

Posted By khushboo c on 13 Jun 2016 04:08 PM
Thank you Amir and congratulation!! Can you please tell me which open assessment to practice for PSM1. There are 4 different assessment: 1) Scrum Open 2)Nexus open 3)Product owner open and 4)Developer open ?

Thanks

Thanks. You need to do all 4 open assessments.
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
14 Jun 2016 04:06 AM
Thank you for prompt response. I thought everything is coming from the scrum guide but i do not see anything about Nexus in it.
Any suggestion?
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui
Mohammad Aamir Siddiqui

--
14 Jun 2016 05:30 AM

Posted By khushboo c on 14 Jun 2016 09:06 AM
Thank you for prompt response. I thought everything is coming from the scrum guide but i do not see anything about Nexus in it.
Any suggestion?

No, I guess you have been misinformed.There will be some questions on the application of scaled scrum too.
I am not sure if you have a background in Scrum/Agile. If you have not worked, getting a training will be a good idea.
You will need to understand the principles of scrum in depth, else it might be difficult to clear the assessment.

KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
27 Jun 2016 11:13 AM
Hi
Two days ago I cleared PSM1, got 93.8% (75 out of 80). Thanks to scrum forum , it really help.
Here's what I did:
1.Read the scrum Guides (2 times)
2.Read the MPlaza The Scrum Master Manual
3.Read the scrum Guide
4. 3 Mplaza assessment
5. Scrum open assessment
6. Mikhail Lapshin assessment
** Repeat step 4,5,6 again and again.
7. Read the scrum guide
Try to understand scrum guide in and out and do above assessment again and again.
Kostiantyn Sotnykov
Kostiantyn Sotnykov

--
03 Jul 2016 11:29 AM
Congrats! Did you have any questions regarding Nexus on the exam? I wonder whether I need to read Nexus Guide as well.
Did you buy MPlaza assessment? I noticed several mistakes in their manual. What's your opinion on their assessment questions?
Did you answered questions in all types of Scrum Open Assessments?
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI
KHUSHBOO CHOKSHI

--
05 Jul 2016 04:22 PM
Yes there were questions regarding Nexus on the exam. Yes i did by MPlaza assessment , it helps to practice more questions. Yes i did all types of Scrum Open Assessment but not give much attention to developer one.
Kostiantyn Sotnykov
Kostiantyn Sotnykov

--
07 Jul 2016 09:44 AM
Thank you for the reply!
I passed the exam yesterday :)
I read Nexus Guide but there were just a few simple questions regarding scaled Scrum.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Feedback