Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Clarification on Sprint Retrospective
Last Post 05 Sep 2013 07:01 AM by Doanh "John" Nguyen. 4 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Doanh "John" Nguyen
Doanh "John" Nguyen

--
24 Aug 2013 04:37 PM
    Can someone clarify:

"By the end of the Sprint Retrospective, the Scrum Team should have identified improvements that it will implement in the next Sprint. Implementing these improvements in the next Sprint is the adaptation to the inspection of the Scrum Team itself."

What does "the adaptation to the inspection of the Scrum Team itself" phrase trying to convey?

Thank you in advance for any insight.
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    24 Aug 2013 11:09 PM
    It means it's the *response* to the inspection of the Scrum Team itself. The adaptation is the response. However, it's a very clumsy phrase. I had to read it 3 times to get the meaning.
    Joshua Partogi
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Joshua Partogi

--
    25 Aug 2013 03:31 PM
    Hi MM121,

Every event in Scrum is an opportunity to inspect (looking) and adapt(changing) something. During Retrospectives, we are inspecting (looking at) the way the team works in the Sprint, which will result in improvements in the next Sprint. So that phrase means: retrospectives should result in changes in the way the team works. I hope that makes more sense now.
    Doanh "John" Nguyen
    Doanh "John" Nguyen

--
    25 Aug 2013 04:11 PM
    Thank you, Ian and Joshua, for your translations. It's almost like one of those eyetrick picture. Now that you two explained it and I keep looking at it — YEP! I see it. Again, thanks.
    Doanh "John" Nguyen
    Doanh "John" Nguyen

--
    05 Sep 2013 07:01 AM
    Thank you gents for helping me clinch my PSM I certification today.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback