Forums

By posting to our forums you are agreeing to the Forum terms of use.
PSM I uncertainties
Last Post 08 Dec 2013 12:04 PM by NITIN PRAJAPATI. 4 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Frauke
Frauke

--
15 Nov 2013 11:45 PM
    Hi everybody,

I gratefully passed PSM I but about two questions I was not sure.

1) Who is responsible everyone fulfilles his "Sprint Task"?
    I wondered what a Sprint Task might be. A development task? Then the answer would be the Development Team. Or a Scrum related task in general? Then I would say the Scrum Master. Does anybody has an idea what could be meant?

2) When the Development Team and the Product Owner have communication problems, what techiques the Scrum Master may use. Check all applying answers...
    One of the offered answers were "go-between". I am not quite sure about the correct meaning of the word. In German it has a kind of a seperating meaning, like taking two quarrelers apart. Or does it mean mediating between both parties? In this case I would surely say a Scrum Master should do it. In the other case - I don't know.

Does anybody know?
    Thanks, Frauke
    Ian Mitchell
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    16 Nov 2013 01:12 AM
    > Who is responsible everyone fulfilles his "Sprint Task"?

The Development Team are expected to self-organize in order to meet the Sprint Goal, and by implication whatever Sprint tasks they planned for that goal. It's therefore the Development Team that is responsible.

> One of the offered answers were "go-
    > between". I am not quite sure about the
    > correct meaning of the word

In this context it would mean mediator. A Scrum Master would try to bring the parties together so they can collaborate more effectively, not separate them.
    TCoonfield
    TCoonfield

--
    16 Nov 2013 03:27 PM
    1) Who is responsible everyone fulfilles his "Sprint Task"?

As I understand it, sprint tasks are the development team's decomposition of a "Product Backlog Item." I've also seen them called "Sprint Backlog Items." So in that context, the development team would be responsible for ensuring completion at each daily scrum.

) ...go-between...

Yeah definitely the positive connotation in English. The go-between is all about bringing people together for solutions.
    Nitin Khanna
    Nitin Khanna

--
    17 Nov 2013 10:07 PM
    Frauke,

Congratulations on your achievement.

Some additional thoughts and my interpretation on (1) --
    The ownership of the Sprint backlog (e.g. tasks) is that of the Dev Team alone. There may be an instance where the Scrum Master is also considered a part of the Dev Team. However, the task being fulfilled toward the increment would be the collective responsibility of the Dev Team and would include the SM in this case, fulfilling this role.

The precedence would be the entire Dev Team, Vs. the Scrum Master for such a question.
    NITIN PRAJAPATI
    NITIN PRAJAPATI

--
    08 Dec 2013 12:04 PM
    Development team is responsible for fulfil responsibility as per scrum book
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback