Forums

By posting to our forums you are agreeing to the Forum terms of use.
PSM Test Failed
Last Post 19 Mar 2014 07:42 AM by Rajalakshmi Sundararaj. 10 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cece
Cece

--
14 Jan 2014 10:36 AM
    I'm so depressed, I studied and studied, and work as a Scrum Master. Both times I got an 83% on the test.

What am I doing wrong?
    Ian Mitchell
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    14 Jan 2014 02:46 PM
    You may need to spend some time with other Scrum Masters who can challenge your perspective. A training course might help, as might going through the content of these forums.
    Charles Bradley
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Charles Bradley

--
    14 Jan 2014 03:46 PM
    Cece,

Did you follow all the tips here?
    https://www.scrum.org/Forums/aft/264
    michael
    michael

--
    14 Jan 2014 04:30 PM
    Hi Cece, first off lets not be too harsh here.

Two attempts and at 83% means your almost there with it and yes I know how your feeling.
    Have you attended a course recently as for sure its time away from the environment, real study time?
    This helped me as I was in the zone with people so as Ian points out, its that challenge that may be missing.
    Don't give up on this now at this stage would be my advice, the exam is not easy even for people with experience.

This was my journey to PSM1 so know how you feel and how to make some progress from now.
    https://www.scrum.org/Forums/aft/602

michael
    Cece
    Cece

--
    15 Jan 2014 09:59 AM
    Hi Ian: I did take a Professional Scrum Master training class (certified by Scrum.Org) in July, and studied from that training class, and studied the Srum Guide (a lot), and took my first test inJuly and scored 83%. I also studied and reviewed everything I could and took it the second time yesterday, and scored the same 83%.
    Ludwig
    Ludwig

--
    15 Jan 2014 10:11 AM
    Hi Cece,
    did you do the open assessment in advance? It really helps to do it before the real assessment, at least until you score 100%.
    Best, Ludwig
    Cece
    Cece

--
    15 Jan 2014 10:19 AM
    Thanks Michael: I will follow your advice and try even harder and read the forums. I took practice test many times and scored 100% and studied the practice questions and Scrum.Org guide. I thinks its the subjective quetions I maybe missing.

I will keep trying...thanks for the support.
    Mouli
    Mouli

--
    16 Jan 2014 11:34 PM
    You have taken training , studied and studied , practiced and experienced as SM still you have not reached the required score in PSM1.

It's not that you are not having knowledge on scrum. It's the confidence you need to have to crack the exam, it comes only by practicing in a simulated exam environment.

My suggestion to you is practice rigorously

Nitin Khanna
    Nitin Khanna

--
    17 Jan 2014 08:01 AM
    Allow me to share my thoughts as well....

A) I would suggest writing to support@scrum.org and asking for feedback to where you could improve.
    (I do not think this is automatically provided at he end if the assessment)

B) I would reach hit to the Instuctor for further guidance

C) Continue interacting with peers

Good luck in your journey and I hope some of this helps.

I truly believe you're almost there.
    Frank Qian
    Frank Qian

--
    21 Jan 2014 11:23 PM
    Dont worry, my advise is to build a frame work about the knowledge since the scrum itself is a framework, there are so many little pieces around about scrum, but after you summarize them and put them into the framework, you will pass it; one method I used is to write down all the open assessment down in a paper, and do them again and again until I know why the wrong options are wrong and why the right ones are right, then you will gain a higher level in understanding the scrum.
    Rajalakshmi Sundararaj
    Rajalakshmi Sundararaj

--
    19 Mar 2014 07:42 AM
    HI Cece

Did you succeed?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback