Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

From budget to end date
Last Post 15 May 2014 11:39 AM by Pablo Rossi. 2 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Not Resolved
Pablo Rossi
Basic Member
Basic Member
Pablo Rossi

--
15 May 2014 04:35 AM
    A friend of mine started a web design company and he already got a project. He wants to do the project as agile as possible so he asked me to help him out but I’m a bit struggling with the project management side of it.

The project is about restyling an existing, but outdated website.

The client has a budget of 5000 euros. (not the real price of course)

If we want to do the project in an agile fashion with scrum I want to set up an end date but keep the scope variable.
    What’s the best way to translate the 5000 euro budget to a potential end date? How is this normally done?
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    15 May 2014 05:14 AM
    Has the company worked out its fixed and variable costs per sprint, and its profit margin? Price per sprint should be the basis of the calculation. Ideally the company should provide incremental investment as an option, thereby limiting financial risk to the next potential release.
    Pablo Rossi
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Pablo Rossi

--
    15 May 2014 11:39 AM

Posted By Ian Mitchell on 15 May 2014 10:14 AM
    Has the company worked out its fixed and variable costs per sprint, and its profit margin? Price per sprint should be the basis of the calculation. Ideally the company should provide incremental investment as an option, thereby limiting financial risk to the next potential release.

How to calculate the price per sprint?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback