Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

PO is not involved
Last Post 27 May 2014 05:23 AM by Kelly Hellinx. 2 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Kelly Hellinx
Kelly Hellinx

--
27 May 2014 04:18 AM
    When the PO is not involved and the team cannot rely on him/her, what could the SM do?
    I'd say the SM should try to talk to the PO and make sure the PO understands the problems he is causing.

Are there any actions the PM could do?
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    27 May 2014 05:19 AM
    If a PO's behavior results in a poor or improper implementation of Scrum, then the Scrum Master may need to work with the wider organization in order to tackle this impediment. This could mean approaching stakeholders directly and appraising them of the situation, including any risk to delivery or the potential impact on return on investment.

That said, the Scrum Master should always try and resolve the matter with the PO in the first instance.
    Kelly Hellinx
    Kelly Hellinx

--
    27 May 2014 05:23 AM
    Thanks for the response.

That would also be my first approach and it seems logical.
    However, there was a question in the PSM 1 yesterday that made me choose 2 answers.
    I also selected that the SM could address the problem with the PO's functional managers.

However, not being able to reproduce the exact question and the possible answers, I'll never know.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback