Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

PSM 1 Vs PSPO 1
Last Post 02 Jul 2015 07:24 AM by Dan Hogan. 27 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages Informative
Dan Hogan
Dan Hogan

--
12 May 2015 10:36 AM
Charles-

Using your link as my primary study tool, I was able to complete the PSPO I. Well, actually, I did a little better than just *complete* it (76 out of 80!).

I did make one significant change that made a huge difference for me. When taking the PSM I, I was so concerned about running out of time that I didn't take my time at the end as I reviewed the questions I had bookmarked. For the PSPO I, I was sure to really take my time and think about the questions that I was unsure of. Instead of seeing the clock as a scary thing that was ticking down, I saw the remaining time as an asset that I could use to get as many right as I could.
Charles Bradley
Basic Member
Basic Member
Charles Bradley

--
26 May 2015 06:25 PM
Nice work Dan! Congrats!

I'm not sure I totally understood your comment fully, so if you don't mind, could you re-word it as if you were giving advice to another person? (And if you do, mind if I post it on my page?)

Dan Hogan
Dan Hogan

--
02 Jul 2015 07:24 AM
Sure! Sorry for being to slow to respond...

When taking a Scrum assessment (or any timed test, really), try not to get over-concerned about running out of time. With your first pass, you hopefully answer a fair number of questions with confidence and still have some time remaining. But, you probably have some bookmarked where you are uncertain. Think of the remaining time as a resource that you can use to get as many right as possible. Be sure to really take the time the think about those questions. There's no added bonus for leaving 10 minutes on that clock. You might as well keep trying to come up with correct answers until you get much closer to the time limit.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Feedback