Forums

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. If you have left the first and last name fields blank on your member profile, your email address will be displayed instead.

All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

PSPO customer satisfaction frequency?
Last Post 23 Jul 2014 09:46 AM by michael. 4 Replies.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
michael
Basic Member
Basic Member
michael

--
18 Jul 2014 11:42 AM

I cant remember the actual wording but was something like this.

What is the actual time frequency for customer satisfaction survey?

Quarterly
    Annually
    At the end of the sprint
    Weekly
    Daily

To frequent could produce the wrong data as its too frequent, data will be difficult to manage
    End of the Sprint customer may not have had time to evaluate everything, data wouldn't be good.
    Weekly and daily could be an overhead, especially daily, again too much data.
    Annually could be too long and may vote on the day good or bad, but some companies do it annually.
    Quarterly would sound about right, as its like this in most good companies, good gauge time.
    Doesn't mean to say its the right answer in scrum.

Does anyone know where this "actual" time value is laid down in scrum that is definite?

Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    18 Jul 2014 12:00 PM
    That's an interesting question. I would also be interested to learn the Scrum answer. From a Lean Startup perspective one would correlate the gathering of actionable metrics with a particular release, so the associated lessons can be validated. If we assume that it is indeed actionable metrics that are gathered in the survey, and that each increment is in fact released, that may imply a frequency of once per sprint.

It's always best to evaluate the current release so inspection and adaptation occurs as quickly as possible and with minimal waste. If, as you say, the customer has not had time to do so, then you would evaluate the most recent release that can provide useful actionable data. The fact that it is not the current increment is, I think, quite immaterial to the issue of frequency. What matters is that it is being done as early as is practicable, and on cadence.
    michael
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    michael

--
    23 Jul 2014 07:34 AM
    Ian,

I located this on scrumsense, so fits in with what we both think, so again nothing concrete.
    Mentions recommended after every release, but then goes on to say this would be too annoying and opts for
    six weeks to 3 months, so kind of contradicts whats actually the right frequency with an overriding statement.
    As to which one is correct its anyones guess, its written, but clear as mud. :-(

Customer Satisfaction Survey [value]
    A customer satisfaction survey contains a number of questions aimed at assessing the
    customers’ view of the team and the work the team is delivering. While the questions are
    mostly qualitative and individual answers subjective, surveys taken regularly and across a
    variety of participants will yield useful trends.

It is desirable to conduct such surveys before or at the start of the Agile implementation to
    establish a baseline against which to assess progress.
    Recommended frequency is with or after each release of the product. If releases are infrequent
    then perhaps each sprint, but too often will become annoying for the participants. Around
    every 6 weeks to 3 months feels about right
    Ian Mitchell
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Ian Mitchell

--
    23 Jul 2014 09:21 AM
    Where does your question on Customer Satisfaction Surveys come from? Is it an actual PSPO question from a scrum.org exam or other official scrum.org resource?
    michael
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    michael

--
    23 Jul 2014 09:46 AM
    Ian,

PSPO I exam, its a tricky one for sure, i noted it down as it was an odd one.
    Couldn't find much on it, its taken me a few days to stumble across that article I posted.
    As to if the
    Recommended frequency is with or after each release of the product.
    or
    If releases are infrequent then perhaps each sprint, but too often will become annoying for the participants.
    or
    Around every 6 weeks to 3 months feels about right

is the correct answer, the jury is still out, that's three options in the one article.

Michael
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Feedback