Applying Professional Scrum
Live Virtual Class, October 24-25, 2022
Applying Professional Scrum (APS) is a hands-on course that helps you learn Scrum by doing it. Through a series of team-based exercises and case studies, you will be able to go through a regular Scrum cycle and understand how different elements come together.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I). This course was previously known as Professional Scrum Foundations.
An in-depth view of Scrum in practice
This course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. It is highly engaging and practical. You will work with other students on real-life cases as a team.
Registration for this class has closed
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Learned about Agility and how Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models;
- Undertood the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly in your work environment;
- Developed an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team;
- Learned how to be a great Scrum Team member;
- Identified common pitfalls and how to avoid them
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH THE CLASS:
- Up to 2 free PSM I exam attempts (if you fail your first attempt on PSM I within 14 days after the course, you are eligible for a free second attempt);
- 40% discount on PSM II exam after passing PSM I assessment;
- 14 PDU credits for course attendance with Project Management Institute;
- Personal hands-on experience of the trainer.
TOPICS COVERED IN THE CLASS:
- Agility as a new way of working. In this part we will look into how agile came into the picture and what it really means for how we work, plan and track our progress.
- Exploring the Scrum Framework. We’ll delve into the elements and key rules of the framework that make it so successful when applied to product development.
- Planning and forecasting with Scrum. We’ll try our hands on using agile practices to plan the work and track progress – something that can become immediately useful to your current job.
- Getting started with Scrum. You’ll get a chance to create a plan of action to help you (your team and your organization) to take the steps towards agility and Scrum.
WHO IS THIS FOR:
The APS course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning more about Agile and start learning about Scrum. It’s a perfect introduction and a refresher of the Scrum framework.