Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials
Live Virtual Class, May 17-18, 2023
Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change how they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the work results. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
Professional Agile Leadership is a workshop organization for leaders, senior, and middle management. The workshop provides a foundation for leaders' role in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful. Yet, leader's and managers' roles in an agile organization can differ from what they are used to. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile Transformation” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world
- Practical skills for helping to guide and coach agile teams and to help them remove impediments during an agile transformation
- An understanding of how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
- What it takes to become a servant leader from a traditional manager to manage change more effectively.
- Change is hard and becomes harder without motivated people, so how to motivate the team during change.
- An understanding of how culture and values influence your organization’s ability to reap the benefits of agility
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure, and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results and lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. Training will share how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap an agile organization's benefits.
Registration for this class has closed
PAL-E is an introductory education course consisting of in-depth leadership development learning objectives across enablers to a successful agile transformation. Helping Leaders Understand their Role in Enabling Agile Transformation, particularly senior leaders, develops new mindsets and capabilities.