Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials
Live Virtual Class, December 5-8, 2023
Delivered as a Traditional class of 4 sessions of 4h over 1 week.
Welcome to the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PALE) course. This transformative learning journey is designed specifically for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Managers eager to understand and incorporate Agile values and principles into their leadership repertoire.
The Agile landscape is continuously evolving, and a command over Agile methodologies is no longer a luxury but a necessity for modern business leaders. Agile practices enable organizations to be more adaptable, responsive, and effective in changing market dynamics.
This course aims to help participants:
- Understand the Agile Framework: Develop a thorough understanding of Agile methodologies, focusing on the Scrum framework. We will delve into the values, principles, and methods that underpin Agile and why they are so effective in the current business environment.
- Leadership in an Agile Context: Explore leadership in an Agile context, and understand how to create a supportive environment for teams transitioning to Agile. Learn to embody the servant leadership model and foster high-performing, self-organizing teams.
- Leverage Agile Values and Principles: Learn to incorporate Agile values and principles in decision-making processes, business strategies, and team management. Embrace the Agile mindset and bring agility to the very core of your leadership style.
- Drive Business Agility: Understand how to extend Agile practices beyond your team to drive business agility at the departmental and organizational levels. Learn strategies to instil an Agile culture throughout your organization and enable it to thrive amidst uncertainty and change.
- Embrace Change: Recognize the importance of continual adaptation, improvement, and growth in a rapidly evolving market. Learn how to use change as a catalyst for innovation and competitive advantage.
- Expert Facilitation: The course is facilitated by experienced Agile practitioners who bring in their real-world experience and provide insights into practical applications of Agile methodologies
- Traditional Learning: This course uses a combination of lectures, case studies, group discussions, and interactive exercises to create a dynamic learning environment.
- Certification: On completion of the course and passing the assessment, participants will receive the Professional Agile Leadership (PAL I) certificate from Scrum.org.
This course is more than just an introduction to Agile; it's a comprehensive exploration of Agile's potential to transform your leadership style, team, and entire organization. It's essential training for those wishing to leverage the power of Agile to enhance their effectiveness and adaptability in an increasingly complex business environment.
Join the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course and equip yourself with the knowledge, skills, and mindset needed to lead in the Agile world.
Delivered as a Traditional class of 4 sessions of 4h over 1 week.
To ensure participants deeply engage with the PAL-e material, we deliver the course in a traditional classroom format spread over four half-day sessions. Each session is designed to be interactive and activity-based, spanning 4 hours. At the conclusion of each session, participants receive assignments related to their day-to-day roles to reinforce learning. These assignments are then reviewed and debriefed at the start of the subsequent session with the guidance of the instructor-practitioner.
- Session 1: Why Agile Matters
- Session 2: Developing People
- Session 3: Leaders Grow Agility & Measuring Agility
- Session 4: Measuring Agility & Challenges of an Agile Leader & Closing
It takes a great deal of expertise, experience, and commitment to master Scrum and that's why naked Agility are so selective when it comes to selecting and partnering with Professional Scrum Trainers from around the world.
In this short video, Martin Hinshelwood - CEO of NKD Agility and Professional Scrum Trainer - explains how Scrum trainers are selected and why the process is so rigorous.
About NKD Agility
Naked Agility is an agile consultancy specialising in Scrum training, agile coaching and agile consulting to help teams evolve, integrate, and continuously improve. We recognize the positive impact that a happy AND inspired workforce can have on customer experience, and we actively help organizations to tap into the power of creative, collaborative, and high-performing teams that is unique to agile and scrum environments. If you are interested in agile training, visit https://nkdagility.com/training/ If you have identified the need for agikle coaching and agile consulting, visit https://nkdagility.com/agile-consulting-coaching/ We would love to work with you.
- Flipped Learning Experience - This class has 14 hours of live virtual classroom experience. This is complemented by additional presentations and lectures in the form of videos, reading material, and writing activities provided for self-study, complemented by 1/2 day live virtual sessions delivered online using Microsoft Teams and Mural. These live interactive workshops create a dynamic and interactive environment where we dive into the core concepts of Scrum for teams through group activities, interactions, and sharing experiences, all with the guidance of an expert Professional Scrum Trainer.
- The League of Extraordinary Lean-Agile Practitioners - We are providing a Lean-Agile Community in Mighty Networks that anyone can join and participate in the conversations. If you attend a class with us, you will get access to additional extraordinary content. Join Today!
- 1-hour Coaching Session - Every student gets a 1-hour complimentary remote Coaching Session with your trainer, worth £200, to help you integrate concepts into your context (at a mutually agreeable time following the course). Use it for a 1on1 session, a group session with your team, or a chat with your leadership.
- Learning Review - Regardless of the outcome of your assessment, you get additional 1-on-1 help to focus your learning in the form of a 30 Minute Assessment Review worth £100
Discounts & Concessions
- Alumni Discount of 30% - Have you been through a class with us before? As an Alumni, you get a 30% discount on all of our classes. Combine with our generous 20% Credit per Referral program.
- Under / un-employed Program - Are you underemployed? Our Retraining Program provides favourable payment plans for those not currently working. Pay a 30% deposit now and the rest when you are working.
- Unlimited Reruns for 70% discount - Reruns allow you to participate in a class you have already taken for any reason at a low cost. Have you participated in this class with us or an equivalent from another vendor? We are intent on enabling your continuous learning, so we offer you a Rerun discount of 70% to retake it with our trainers. Contact us with proof of participation in a previous class to claim your discount. For Scrum.org classes from another trainer, please provide your Scrum.org Profile URL showing that associated class. For Scrum Alliance, you will need to provide a receipt. Not sure? Contact us for a chat.
- 20% Credit per Referral - Our Advocates Program allows you to earn 20% for each referral as a credit for future classes! This is a cash equivalent, so it can be added to any other discount. Combine with other coupons and discounts, like the Alumni Discount of 30%
- Supporting the World with Dynamic Pricing - We want to support the world and provide access to our class for everyone regardless of their socioeconomic region or corporate status. Based on your socioeconomic region around the world, you can get a rate for our services that meets your needs. This applies to both corporate and consumer rates. Your market will be selected, and any concessions will be applied automatically initially by geolocation, then by billing address.
- Primary Market – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Secondary Market – All countries not listed as primary.
- Tertiary Market – Africa & India.
- Charity/Non-Profit Market – If your organisation is a registered charity or a non-profit,, please get in touch.
naked Agility has worked with many customers over the years, and while we sometimes do longer engagements, we often work in short-term consulting with big impact.
- Medical/Healthcare - Genus Breeding Ltd, Alignment Healthcare, Healthgrades, ALS Life Sciences, Illumina, Philips, Milliman, Bistech
- Technology/Professional Services - Microsoft, Cognizant Microsoft Business Group (MBG), New Signature, Workday, Lean SA, Capita Secure Information Solutions Ltd, NIT A/S, Xceptor – Process and Data Automation, Akaditi, SuperControl, Trayport, Slicedbread, Freadom, Flowmaster (a Mentor Graphics Company), Emerson Process Management, Big Data for Humans, Deloitte, Ericson
- Banking/Finance - CR2, Qualco, Brandes Investment Partners L.P., Hubtel Ghana, Rabobank International, Sage
- Military/Airpospace - Royal Air Force, Lockheed Martin, Teleplan, Boeing
- Government - Department of Work and Pensions (UK), Ghana Police Service, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Nottingham County Council, Washington Department of Transport, Washington Department of Enterprise Services, New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Maritime - Kongsberg Maritime, DFDS
- Other - YearUp.org, Graham & Brown, Boxit Document Solutions, ProgramUtvikling, Jack Links, Slaughter and May, Schlumberger
Official Suppliers of:
Microsoft | NHS Scotland
Join us for a virtual experience via Microsoft Teams and Mural!
Virtual Classroom Details
- Each session lasts between 60-75 minutes with short breaks of 5-10 minutes.
- We've chosen not to record the workshop to foster an open environment.
- We cap our workshop at 12 participants for a more intimate experience.
- Tools you'll be using: Microsoft Teams, Mural, and Mighty Networks.
- Online learning is almost on par with in-person sessions. Just remember, collaborating online might take a tad longer.
- Keep those cameras and mics on.
- Punctuality is key.
- No multitasking with meetings, calls, or emails during sessions.
- Stay aware and let others have their moment.
- Stick to the agenda. If you need extra guidance, there's a free coaching session for each participant.
- Live captions are available in any language supported by Microsoft Teams for our hearing-impaired friends and those who need a little extra help.
- After the class, join the "naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood Community" to connect with like-minded individuals.
Payment & Cancellation
- Payment is upfront, with no exceptions.
- UK clients, please note there's an additional VAT.
- We're not liable for any costs from cancellations or rescheduling.
- We need a certain number of participants to run the class.
- Rarely, courses might be cancelled due to insufficient participants. We're not responsible for any related costs.
- You can cancel up to the online ticketing deadline. Refunds might have some deductions.
- Postponing? Give us at least three business days' notice. Otherwise, it's considered a cancellation with no refund.
- Electronic manuals and Scrum.org assessment fees are covered. Physical manuals? Not so much.
Setting Up Your Virtual Space
Participating in virtual classes requires some prep. Here's what we recommend:
- Equipment: A computer that can run Mural and a device for Microsoft Teams. Multiple monitors are a plus but not a must.
- MS Teams: Install it from here. It's best to use the app on Mac, Windows, or mobile rather than the web interface.
- Appearance: We've seen it all - shadows, half-faces, up-nose, and more. Being visible and present is crucial. Think of how you'd present yourself in a physical meeting.
- Camera: A good quality one is essential. The Elgato Facecam comes highly recommended.
- Lighting: Ensure you're well-lit. Consider getting a face light, especially if you're in darker environments.
- Microphone: Laptop mics aren't the best. Consider investing in a quality one, like the Elgato Wave or Yeti Blue Microphone. Use Krisp Noise Canceling to prevent background noise.
- Background: A wall behind you works best if you're using a virtual background. Curious about my background? Just ask!
- Attire: Wear what makes you comfortable. Whether it's formal wear, casuals, or even jammies, as long as it's appropriate, you're good to go.
Remember, the key is to be present and engaged. Let's make the most of this virtual experience together!