Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management
Live Virtual Class, December 15, 2023
In the Professional Agile Leadership™ – Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) one day course, participants learn what EBM is and how to apply it through hands-on, activity-based learning. Through a series of exercises participants learn techniques that support a more agile mindset:
- Use empiricism to set and achieve strategic goals, managing the unknown and complexity through experimentation and by adapting goals along the way
- Create a cultural environment using clear goals, appropriate measures and trust to enable self-management and autonomy
- Shift the conversation away from measuring progress purely through team performance metrics, toward a focus on customer-centricity and improving customer outcomes
- Drive operational improvements by using four Key Value Areas (Unrealized Value, Current Value, Time to Market, and the Ability to Innovate) as lenses for evidence-based decision-making
10% group booking discount for 3 or more and will be automatically applied.
** Price excludes VAT. VAT is added for UK customers only and will be automatically shown & applied on checkout.
Registration & Price
Price excludes VAT. For virtual courses, VAT is added for UK customers only
Course Learning Objectives
- Understand the essential aspects of goals and measures and how they influence behaviors and an organization’s culture and values
- Help organizations embrace empiricism as a leadership approach. Using experimentation to incrementally steer toward the organization’s goals
- An appreciation for how goals and trust act together to enable autonomy, transparency, and value delivery
- Correlate market leadership and sustainability to curiosity, adaptation, and empiricism
- Understand how to use EBM and its KVAs to focus measurements on improving market value and operational capabilities
- Goals, Evidence and Empiricism
- Goals: Understanding Why
- Evidence: Focusing on Value
- Empiricism: Inspect and Adapt with EBMGetting Started
Who Should Attend this class?
PAL-EBM is for professionals in leadership roles (including executives, managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, coaches, and consultants) who:
- Are responsible for the success of their product delivery programs or Agile transformations and are seeking a means to measure and demonstrate that success
- Are looking for a framework that identifies improvement areas that increase their business agility, including their time to pivot to meet new challenges and deliver customer value
- Want to help their organization embrace empiricism and experimentation to find solutions for complex problems (where more is unknown than known or the situation changes rapidly)
- Want to articulate goals and measures in a way that fosters self-management and empower their teams to understand the connection between their work and the value their organization is providing and customer is receiving
- Want to be more effective in how they measure success by using Agile measures rather than traditional measurement models (including the use of velocity)
Certification & Assessments
All participants completing this course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) assessment. The industry-recognized PAL-EBM certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PAL-EBM class participants who attempt the PAL-EBM assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
See what previous attendees said about our courses - for my latest reviews check here
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does the virtual experience differ from the in-person training? We all adjusting to this new reality and the need to social distance. We've been surprised how similar the virtual experience is to the in-person one and how engaged the students have been throughout the day. The feedback has been excellent from students who've taken the virtual training, along with the assessment results.
What is included in the price?
- 2 attempts at the Scrum.org PAL-EBM Assessment
- Free pre and post-course coaching to support continued learning toward assessments
- Scrum.org courseware and further useful resources and links
- Once obtained, certification never expires
How do I achieve the Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) certification? The PAL-EBM certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment in your own time following the course. It can be taken from any internet connected computer.
What is required to achieve the Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence Based Management (PAL-EBM) certification? The PAL-EBM assessment is comprised of 40 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 85%. The course fee provides up to 2 attempts at the PAL-EBM assessment.
What are the course hours?
Courses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00 each day.
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
How should I prepare for the course?
The only preparation required is to read the Scrum Guide.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you.
How can I pay for the course?
Upon registering you have a number of payment options to you: Credit/Debit Card, Register now and pay by invoice. Or simply contact us at email@example.com for direct assistance.
Can I register without paying VAT?
Yes for virtual format courses and for those who live outside the UK. Upon registering, you'll be able to redirect yourself to the registration page to make a payment without UK VAT or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 7 PDU's for attending a course.
Where can I find your course booking and cancellation policies?
Visit our public course policy page.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email them at email@example.com
This training course is a virtual one and will take place from the comfort of your own home. You’ll only need a computer or tablet with a camera and microphone that's it.
With the use of video conferencing, online collaboration tools, and a combination of cameras on our side, to obtain an interactive learning environment you would get in a physical in-person training. The delivery & outcome of the virtual classes has far surpassed our own expectations.
For more information on live virtual classes contact b-agile directly at firstname.lastname@example.org