Professional Scrum Developer Oslo, Dec 4-6, 2019
Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) is a 3-day hands-on course where you experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. This course teaches you why and how the Scrum Framework should be combined with modern DevOps engineering practices to improve a team’s capability to regularly deliver working software. Students practice real-life Scrum while working in teams during a series of Sprints to build a realistic product. They are introduced both to the mechanics, rules and principles of Scrum, and selected core engineering and technical patterns and practices that complement with Scrum. The course is the perfect choice for software development teams that are challenged by both processes and tools and can be taught either as a public or as a private course for teams within a company.
The course includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Developer certification exam (PSD).
Note: Teams can choose between the .Net Core, .Net, Python or Java version of the case study.
Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) is an immersive 3-day hands-on course for software development teams where they experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. This course teaches you why and how the Scrum Framework should be combined with modern DevOps engineering practices to improve a team’s capability to regularly deliver working software.
During the course, participants work together as a Scrum Team in a series of Sprints to build a realistic product, whereby they deal with real-life challenges in software development. The mechanics, roles, and principles of Scrum are fully leveraged during these exercises. In this way, the entire Scrum Team learns the Scrum Framework through its practical application, which leads to a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities inside and outside the Scrum Team and removes common misunderstandings.
• Get a clear understanding of foundational elements of Scrum and their coherence
• Learn the different aspects of a Scrum Team and how to collaborate to get work done
• Understand how modern Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools improve a team’s capability to deliver working software
• Walk away with a handful of tips to identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions in Scrum
• Understanding and applying the Scrum Framework (Empiricism, Scrum Values, Roles, Events, Artifacts)
• Developing people and teams (Scrum roles and responsibilities, Self-organizing teams, Team collaboration)
• Managing products with agility (Maximizing product value delivery, Product Backlog management, Estimation techniques, Forecasting and release planning, Managing stakeholders and customers)
• Developing and delivering products professionally (Emergent software development, Managing technical risk, Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD), Optimizing flow and reducing waste)
• Continuous quality improvement (Definition of Done, Managing technical dept, Test driven development, Automated testing, Test shift left, Code reviews)
• Keeping Scrum healthy (Identifying common Scrum missteps and misunderstandings)
• Leveraging DevOps toolsets (Backlogs and boards, Version control, Build and Release management)
Price: EUR 1999
Early Bird Price: EUR 1799 until Nov 20, 2019
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for all members of a Scrum Team; architects, analysts, programmers, database developers, testers, IT-Operations and others, including Scrum Masters and Product Owners. It is the perfect choice for software development teams that are challenged by both processes and tools, since it focuses on the entire team and its ability to use technology to deliver done increments of product functionality every Sprint. Experiencing the class with your whole team will improve your way of working, no matter if you are just starting with Scrum or want to improve your Scrum practices.
You should be familiar with Scrum. Please study the Scrum Guide even if you are already working in a Scrum Team (since it was last updated in November 2017). In case you do not have any exposure to Scrum, taking a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) course prior to this course is advised.
Teams can choose between the .Net Core, .Net, Python or Java version of the case study.
This is a hands-on course, so please bring your own laptop.
Scrum.org provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Scrum.org's training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in software development organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
Professional Scrum Trainers bring their own style and experience to the courses but use the same materials so that students are learning from the same content regardless of who teaches the course or where it is taught around the world. Read more about Scrum.org's approach.
Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) certification
PSD class participants receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) assessment. The industryrecognized PSD certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. Participants who attempt the assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
PMI PDU Credits
Attendees of Scrum.org courses are eligible for claiming Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits whereby passing Scrum.org assessments is not required. You can claim 21 PDUs after attending the PSD 3-day class. Please visit https://ccrs.pmi.org under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
What Is Included
• Printed course materials
• Password for one free attempt at the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) assessment that does not expire. If you attempt the assessment within 14 days of receiving the password and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
C. J. Hambros plass 2c, 0164 Oslo, Norway