Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Live Virtual Class, November 21, 2022
Become a Better Facilitator to Improve Scrum Team Interactions
Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum practitioners develop a facilitator’s mindset, proficiency in facilitation skills, and learn when and how to select effective techniques for various circumstances. Strong facilitation skills enable better problem-solving, more effective Scrum events and greater team alignment, all leading to better outcomes.
A key tenet of Scrum is to put problem-solving and decision-making in the hands of the Scrum Team. The Scrum Framework creates venues for this to happen and the Scrum Values help create an environment in which each Scrum Team member’s voice can be heard. However, team interactions don’t always go well. Sometimes team members lose sight of goals, don’t fully engage and/or can’t reach agreement. Effective facilitation can guide the team toward their desired outcomes.
In this one-day* skills-building course, participants will learn how to become better facilitators to improve interactions with their Scrum Teams, stakeholders and customers. They will focus on how to adopt facilitation as a stance and enable the Scrum Values. Students will address a series of common Scrum-related scenarios by applying several facilitation techniques that they can add to their collection of agile practices. They will create and leave with their own facilitation “plan” to improve their next team discussion or Scrum event.
* When offered in-person, this course is generally delivered in one day. When offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Course Learning Objectives
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset
- Learn the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult
- Understand the roles that facilitation principles and the Scrum Values play in enhancing healthy collaboration in Scrum Teams
- Explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Scrum Teams encounter
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions
- Understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions
- Experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process
- Leave class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for:
- Scrum Masters and any Scrum Team member interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success
- Scrum Coaches, Agile Coaches and Consultants
This course is not suitable for professionals with little Scrum knowledge or experience.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
This class will be facilitated in a live virtual format using Zoom and Mural.
Class timings : 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM with 1h lunch break