Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Live Virtual Class, January 17, 2023
People do incredible things when they are empowered to apply their talents with dignity.
👆This is a super power that Professional Scrum Masters unlock with their teams, everyday👆
Great Scrum Masters know that it takes much more than simply understanding the rules of Scrum. They rely on a set of traits and skills to empower their teams.
Facilitation is probably the most important of those skills. Growing confidence in your facilitation skills will enable better problem-solving, more effective Scrum events and greater team alignment.
The scrum.org Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) course is unique in that it is 100% focused on growing your skills. You will gain experience with nearly a dozen facilitation techniques, and feel confident in actually putting them to use immediately upon return to your teams.
The PSFS class is highly interactive and we use little to no PowerPoint. We will use modern training and facilitation techniques to deliver a class that will result in actionable learning. You will not be bored, and I can promise you that you will not be able to multi-task during the class, so please plan accordingly.
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset
- Learn the facilitation principles that experienced facilitators fall back on when interactions are difficult
- Explore how facilitation can address challenging scenarios most Scrum Teams encounter
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve the Scrum events and other interactions
- Understand how to encourage diverse perspectives, while bringing the team together to reach decisions
- Experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence the decision-making process
- Leave class with a toolbox of facilitation techniques and understand how to apply them in different circumstances
Who is this for?
- Experienced Scrum Masters and Scrum Practitioners
- Agile Coaches and Consultants
Note: This course is not suitable for professionals who have little to now Scrum knowledge or experience.
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills assessment. PSFS class participants who attempt the PSFS assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Discounts on future classes
By attending a class with MD Agile Consulting, you are automatically eligible for a 30% discount on any future class, so that you can continue to level up your knowledge and skillset as a professional Agile practitioner.
***Please note, all prices are in Canadian dollars***
About the Trainer
Please take a moment to get to know your trainer by watching the video below.
PartnerMD Agile Consulting, Inc.
Registration & Price
This class will on-line using virtual collaboration tools. Further details will be provided closer to the date.