Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Live Virtual Class, June 23, 2023
Become a Better Facilitator
Scrum Teams need to work together as they pursue their commitments and goals. But collaboration doesn’t always go as expected, when it can result in conflicts or roadblocks. Effective facilitation helps teams interact and proceed toward desired outcomes.
Scrum.org’s Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) is an interactive one-day course for Scrum practitioners to learn how to become better facilitators and enable higher performance through better problem-solving, more effective Scrum events and greater team alignment.
Throughout the PSFS course, you’ll focus on developing your facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset. You’ll learn about core facilitation principles along with the twelve skills of a facilitator and how they can improve collaboration. You’ll practice applying various facilitation skills and techniques on a series of common Scrum-related scenarios while gaining insight on how to approach different situations.
In addition, you’ll experience the elements of group dynamics and how they influence decision-making. The value of encouraging and leveraging diverse perspectives while bringing teams together will also be covered. Lastly, you’ll create an action plan to begin applying your new facilitation skills and techniques in your next team interaction or Scrum event.
After participating in this class, you'll receive credentials to attempt the PSFS I assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSFS I Certification. Earning your PSFS I Certification makes you part of an elite community of Scrum.org badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
Special VIP Student Ticket Packages
Want to Maximize Your Learning Experience? Upgrade Your Student Ticket to VIP!
VIP Ticket Packages add two hours of one-on-one Live Virtual Coaching with your Professional Scrum Trainer (who also serves as an Enterprise Agile Coach) to help you get the most from your learning experience.
You can use your two Live Virtual Coaching hours for guidance and mentoring in multiple ways, including:
- Planning - Collaborate on applying what you've learned in class to your work.
- Development - Ask additional questions and dig deeper on topics of interest.
- Certification - Obtain advice on passing assessments and earning certifications related to your course.
Interested? Select the VIP Student Ticket Package option when registering and we'll coordinate with you to schedule your Live Virtual Coaching hours. Or contact us at email@example.com or 844.BE.AGILE with any questions.
Class Pricing Options:
- VIP Student Ticket Package: USD 1395
- Student Ticket: USD 795
- Early Bird Student Ticket - Last Minute Promotion: USD 695 until May 27, 2023
- Group Offer: Buy 2 Tickets & Get 1 Free While They Last
Who Should Attend?
This class is ideal for:
- Scrum Masters and any Scrum Team member interested in learning how to use facilitation to enhance their team’s success.
- Scrum Coaches, Agile Coaches and Consultants.
Please note that this class is not suitable for professionals with little Scrum knowledge or experience.
Following the PSFS course, you'll have learned how to perform the following:
- Develop facilitation skills and a facilitator’s mindset.
- Describe core facilitation principles.
- Explain how facilitation principles and the Scrum Values can improve collaboration.
- Describe twelve skills of a facilitator.
- Explain the elements of group dynamics and how they influence decision-making.
- Apply facilitation skills and techniques to improve Scrum events and other interactions.
- Facilitate a variety of challenging scenarios that most Scrum Teams encounter.
- Encourage and leverage diverse perspectives while bringing teams together to achieve goals.
- Leave class with an action plan supported by new facilitation skills and techniques for improving collaboration and decision-making in different situations.
The PSFS course is a mix of lecture, case studies and interactive exercises as you collaborate with other students:
- Facilitation Principles and Scrum
- Applying Facilitation Skills and Techniques
- Twelve Skills of a Facilitator
- Group Dynamics
- Improving Facilitation Skills
- Your Action Plan
After completing a Professional Scrum Master course, you'll receive credentials to attempt the Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills I (PSFS I) assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSFS I Certification. These credentials never expire, however should you attempt the PSFS I assessment within 14 days after receiving your credentials and not receive a passing score, you'll be granted a 2nd attempt for no additional fee.
Earning your PSFS I Certification will make you part of an elite community of Scrum.org badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
This Class Will Be Held Virtually
This Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills (PSFS) class will be one of Scrum.org's selected live Virtual Classes. Prior to class, registered students will receive guidance and credentials to prepare for and participate in our PSFS class remotely. If you have any questions or we can provide any assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-BE-AGILE.