Professional Scrum Facilitation Skills
Live Virtual Class, September 29, 2023
This one-day class is a must for Scrum Masters, Scrum Team members and Agile Leaders who are open to improving their facilitation skills. The PSFS experience is designed to improve your ability to leverage the diverse perspectives within your team whilst working within different team dynamics.
Don't take this class if you're looking to sit back and relax for a day. The PSFS course and associated scenario-based assessment is tough, but we'll prepare you well. You can expect to be an active participant and to leave feeling tired but excited about what lies ahead for your practice. This class is not a single trainer lecturing you via a remote call - it's an immersive experience.
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Who should attend?
This class is for Scrum Masters, Scrum Team members and Agile Leader who have an understanding of how the Scrum framework supports value delivery. This understanding may have come from a theoretical class such as APS, PSM or PSPO, but may also have been obtained through experience in the field.
If you frequently experience the role of being a facilitator, then this is one for you.
What is the class?
You will learn the key skillset of being a facilitator and have the opportunity to apply learnt theory to scenarios. We want you to bring your experiences and stories to the class to help the rest of the group learn from them.
The areas of focus are:
- Facilitation – how facilitation can develop people and teams through effective understanding of a facilitator’s toolkit and underpinning theory.
- Scrum Values – the five core values that provide the bedrock on which successful, self-managing Scrum Teams are built.
- Scrum Team – the three accountabilities and how they work together to produce a Done increment.
- Events – the opportunities Scrum provides to inspect and adapt, ensuring focus remains on value delivery.
- Artefacts – the transparent articles that are inspected throughout a Sprint and adapted as needed.
By signing up for this class, you are eligible for some benefits offered by Scrum.org. These include:
- one free attempt at the PSFS assessment
- a second free attempt (if you try, and fail to meet the 85% passing mark within 14 days of the class finishing). If you pass on the first attempt, a second attempt will not be given
- 7 PDUs that can be used to evidence your continued learning requirement for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- upon successful completion of the PSFS assessment, lifetime certification for PSFS - it will never expire unlike other providers
The pricing of our classes varies based on your geographic location. For more information on the classification of primary/secondary/tertiary markets, please see here.
Primary markets: £475
Secondary Markets: £375
Tertiary markets: £275
Your Professional Scrum Trainer
Ryan is the primary trainer at Optilearn (optilearn.co.uk). He is an experienced Scrum Master, Agile Coach and educator. He is a Professional Scrum Trainer with scrum.org and offers official training courses using accredited material. He also holds Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.
He is an active consultant, working with clients primarily in the software domain, but has experience leveraging agile frameworks in a variety of product development environments. Ryan believes that the best teachers are the ones who practise what they teach, and so with Ryan as your trainer you can be assured he is speaking from experience.
Ryan is active on social media and welcomes connections via LinkedIn. Alongside this, he is also the co-creator of 'Scrum Lake', an innovative two-hour workshop that encourages participants to dive deeper into Scrum theory and real practice.
If you have any questions, please contact Optilearn at:
This event will be held as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) using a combination of Zoom and MURAL.
Joining instructions will be sent one week prior to the class start date.