Professional Scrum with Kanban Live Virtual Class, Jul 22-24, 2020
Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually.
What's up awesome people! Thanks for your interest in joining us in this Virtual Class Instructor Lead Professional Scrum with Kanban class. Wow that is quite a mouthful isn't it? :)
Anyway, due to the current condition out there, many of us are forced by the situation to do many of our activities at home. Many people have requested me to facilitate a Professional Scrum with Kanban class virtually. So in this class I will deliver a standard Scrum.org PSK material but I have adapted for online delivery so the value of collaborative learning is still optimal. I am here to support your learning journey to integrate Kanban into Scrum.
What makes this class different to offline PSK training?
- The class will be facilitated in three days starting from Wednesday - Friday.
- But we will not spend the whole 8 hours in front of our monitor. That is going to be tiring for sure. So the schedule will be from 08:00-12:30 GMT+8. Please take note of the timezone.
- We will also have some ad-hoc short breaks to stretch our body for 10 minutes depending on the group agreement. We will have a 30 minutes break in between the class as some of our friends in East Coast Australia and New Zealand need to have lunch.
- This class is limited to 10 participants so that all of us will get optimal learning out of it. I want to ensure that each and one of you are engaged throughout the course.
What I promise you
- Even though this is a virtual training, this will not be a training where I will be talking most of the time presenting a powerpoint slide like you see in most online trainings in the market. In fact, I do not have powerpoint slide at all in this class. Curious?
- Two way discussions and maximising collective intelligence. Yes, I will make you busy throughout the three days course. There will be many group exercises. You will be doing most of the talking rather than me.
- Practical experience and knowledge from me. You can pick my brain. I have been a Professional Scrum Trainer for almost a decade and I have worked with many teams remotely from South East Asia and still am. You will not get this with online trainings from Pluralsight, Udemy or Coursera.
- The most awesome quality virtual training. I have invested in the best hardware and software found in the market to ensure that everyone who will be participating will get the best experience from this virtual class. I believe in professionalism.
- The learning still continues after the class is over. We will still connect and support with each other not only to get through the current situation but also connect with each other via Slack.
- If you are interested in joining us in this awesome virtual training experience, please register yourself using the registration form.
- I will then send you the link to make a payment using credit card.
- Once you have made the payment, I will then send you the confirmation e-mail confirming your slot for the class.
- You will be invited to join the class Slack group so that I can brief you and other participants about the tools that will be used during the training and also some videos you need to watch prior to attending the class so that you can be prepared.
I hope this is clear enough explanation for you. But feel free to contact me if there are anything missing or if there are things that makes you doubtful or concerned. Looking forward to interact with you in one of my virtual classes. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Price: AUD 895
Why Attend Professional Scrum with Kanban Course from Scrum.org?
- Do you often put in capacity in your Sprints for unpredictable works or production support?
- And you do not really like using story points and velocity for forecasting the delivery?
- Or you also think that #NoEstimates with Kanban is kind of cool?
- You're thinking to move into Kanban because you think Scrum is in conflict with flow system?
- You want to learn how to improve the flow of value delivery and inject DevOps practices?
If you are in this situation, attend this exclusive class from Scrum.org and learn how to improve your current Scrum practice and optimise the predictability of your flow of value delivery. We will bust some myths throughout the course. Looking forward to have some tough discussions with some professional Scrum practitioners in this course.
Solidify Your Knowledge Through Practice
Professional Scrum with Kanban™ (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum is the defacto standard for how Agile teams work. Scrum exists only in its entirety and functions well as a container for other techniques and practices. Scrum Teams keep improving how they work, based on what they learn by inspecting and adapting on an ongoing basis.
What You Will Learn
In this class, students will learn how additional practices from Kanban can be introduced into their Scrum Teams without changing Scrum. They will learn how to add the right practices and the benefits that their Scrum Teams can achieve from using Scrum with Kanban.
Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Daniel Vacanti in the creation of this course. In 2007 Daniel helped to develop the Kanban Method for knowledge work. He managed the world’s first project implementation of Kanban that year, and has been conducting Kanban training, coaching, and consulting ever since.
The Professional Scrum with Kanban course is for anyone doing Scrum. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization who use Scrum to deliver products to market including Product Owners, Development Team Members and Scrum Masters.
In addition to the new course, Scrum.org has also released a number of assets to learn more about Scrum with Kanban in the Scrum.org Resource Center and read the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams. These assets provide best practices and guidance for Scrum Teams looking to add Kanban practices to how they work today.
- Passed Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) Exam.
- Practiced Professional Scrum at least one year.
Professional Scrum with Kanban Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with Kanban course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) assessment. This assessment is only available to students of the class currently. If you attempt the PSK I assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Live Virtual via Zoom
Time: 08:00 AM - 12.30 PM GMT+8