Professional Scrum with Kanban
Live Virtual Class, June 19-22, 2023
There are many benefits to optimising the flow of work in Scrum by leveraging Kanban practices. Professional Scrum™ with Kanban is a two-day* course where students learn the benefits of using Scrum and Kanban together and optimising their workflow by adding four Kanban practices to Scrum:
- Visualising the workflow on a Kanban board
- Limiting Work in Progress (WIP)
- Actively managing work items in progress
- Continually inspecting and adapting the way the team uses flow optimisation
By leveraging these practices, teams improve transparency, collaboration and self-management, ultimately improving their ability to achieve Sprint Goals at a sustainable pace. In addition, this course focuses on helping students track and manage flow metrics to provide more predictable delivery patterns, ultimately helping them overcome common delivery challenges with getting to “Done”. Finally, students will leave with a better understanding of what good Kanban looks like and how to implement it within a professional Scrum environment.
The course is accredited by Scrum.org. All participants completing the course may take part in an assessment for industry-recognised PSK I certification.
More details about the course - https://www.meirik.com/training-portfolio/professional-scrum-with-kanban
*When offered in person, this course is generally delivered over two consecutive days. However, when offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Aims and Objectives
- Understand flow and Kanban practices from the perspective of the Scrum Team
- Explain how Kanban practices can be used to improve flow within a Sprint
- Increase transparency by helping the Scrum Team visualise their workflow
- Use data to create a Scrum Team’s service level expectation (SLE) for use in improving delivery predictability
- Apply the concept of flow and Kanban practices during Scrum Events
- Assist the team in overcoming common flow challenges by actively managing work in progress (WIP)
The course is particularly beneficial for:
- Scrum Masters who want to learn how flow, flow metrics and other Kanban practices can help them and their Scrum Teams improve how they work in Scrum
- Scrum practitioners with a desire to improve their current practices and who are interested in learning how Kanban practices can help them and their teams improve
- Professionals who have experience working with proficient Scrum Teams
- Agile Coaches willing to expand their toolkit
Registration & Price
The training price includes:
- excellent, full of knowledge and interactive training conducted by two certified trainers with rich knowledge and years of experience in using Scrum in practice,
- 100% certainty that the training will take place on time,
- all the necessary materials in an electronic version,
- a small, 12-person training group, allowing for the maximum use of the potential of an interactive workshop,
- a single-use password for the PSK I assessment (allowing to obtain the PSK I certificate),
- a book that will allow you to furtherly explore knowledge and support you in everyday challenges.
Find out more about the Professional Scrum with Kanban certificate on the website https://www.scrum.org/assessments/professional-scrum-with-kanban-certification
The Professional Scrum™ with Kanban course is designed for experienced Scrum practitioners who have a good understanding of professional Scrum and a desire to learn how to implement Kanban practices with their Scrum Teams. Ideally, attendees have read the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams and have passed the PSM I assessment.