Professional Scrum with Kanban Columbus, Jul 11-12, 2019
Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum.org have worked with Daniel Vacanti in the creation of this course. In 2007 Daniel helped to develop the Kanban Method for knowledge work. He managed the world’s first project implementation of Kanban that year.
Price: USD 1500
Early Bird Price: USD 1300 until Jun 27, 2019
The 2-day Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK) course teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
In this class, students will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working today with Scrum, all without losing the value team's receive from Scrum.
Scrum.org and our Professional Scrum Trainers have worked with Daniel Vacanti in the creation of this course. In 2007 Daniel helped to develop the Kanban Method for knowledge work. He managed the world’s first project implementation of Kanban that year and has been conducting Kanban training, coaching, and consulting ever since.
Students will learn how their Scrum Teams can introduce complementary practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. In this class, students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adapt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum.
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility for their work.
- Dispelling Common Myths
- Understanding Professional Scrum
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum with Kanban
Who Should Attend
Professional Scrum with Kanban is appropriate for practitioners who are looking for additional tools to improve their Scrum teams.
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees will have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) certification.
In class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
What Is Included
- Printed course materials
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- One free attempt at the PSK I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
About Our Trainers
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Insight Digital Innovation is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "This class is great for teams that want to add Kanban practices within their Scrum teams' context. The addition of Kanban principles and practices to the toolbox of teams gives them extra ways of improving the way they deliver products to their customer without having to let go of successful Scrum practices."
- "Scrum.org has long been trusted by individuals and teams who want to find new opportunities and development for improving how they work in a professional environment, The Scrum with Kanban course is further proof of the continued commitment of Scrum.org to help strong Scrum Teams not toss out Scrum and lose its benefits, but rather increase the benefits of Scrum by embracing and extending Kanban thinking and processes."
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to Jenny Jackson: +1-513-984-6700 / email@example.com
Insight Digital Innovation (formerly Cardinal Solutions)
401 North Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Jenny Jackson: (513) 984-6700 / Jennifer.Jackson@insight.com
Private classes, on-site classes, and group discounts are available!
Insight Digital Innovation, formerly Cardinal Solutions, is a global technology company committed to helping clients innovate smarter so they can create digital experiences that drive differentiation and loyalty. Our Agile transformation services team can help you adopt an Agile framework to improve how your organization delivers, develops, and approaches products and services.