Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Sep 21-24, 2020
This Class Will Be Held Live and Online
To provide the most flexibility, this live, online class will take place from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm EDT on four consecutive days, Monday September 21st through Thursday September 24th.
To help support students and their organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic, Scrum.org has adapted its In Person method of course delivery to offer classes remotely with live Professional Scrum Trainers and a Virtual Classroom. The content and interactions have been thoughtfully redesigned to give you the best online learning experience.
Prior to class, registered students will receive guidance to prepare for and participate in our PSM class remotely. Please see our live virtual guidance to provide you with an outstanding experience. If you have any questions or if we can provide any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
About the Course
Learn Scrum From Those Who Created and Maintain It
Scrum.org's Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course was initially developed in 2009 by the co-creator of Scrum, Ken Schwaber, and has evolved over the years under Ken's leadership with the contributions of Scrum.org's 300+ Professional Scrum Trainers across the world.
Our latest version of the PSM course provides cutting-edge training for Scrum Masters and anyone dedicated to helping individuals and teams realize the benefits of Scrum. Students learn through instruction and team-based exercises, and are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
Through a combination of instruction and exercises, you’ll learn the underlying theory and principles of the Scrum Framework with a focus on the role of Scrum Master and how Scrum can help manage changing priorities, increase productivity and accelerate product delivery. In addition, you'll be provided techniques and tools to facilitate behavioral change and cultivate servant leadership.
After participating in this class, you'll receive a free password to attempt the PSM I assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSM I Certification. Earning your PSM I Certification makes you part of an elite community of 320,000+ PSM I badge holders from around the globe, and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. Each instructor lends his or her individual experience and expertise to the course, but all students learn the same core content. This improves their ability to pass the Professional Scrum Master assessments and use Scrum in the workplace.
- Four intense half-days of experiential learning.
- 1 free attempt to earn your PSM I certification (a $150 value).
- If you attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Access to full slide deck and complementary materials used during the course.
- 40% discount on an attempt to earn your PSM II certification (a savings of $100).
Price: USD 1295
Early Bird Price: USD 995 until Sep 11, 2020
The Professional Scrum Master course is targeted to Scrum Masters and anyone else responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum. Any team member, team manager, or person who is looking to know how to lead in an agile organization can benefit from this course. We have found this very valuable for:
- Project and Product Managers
- Development and QA Managers
- Existing Scrum Masters who want to improve their skill set
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Developers, QA / Testers
- Team Leads and Architects
There is no required prior certificate, educational background, or work experience needed to participate in this PSM I course or to take the PSM I exam. The PSM I course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. As such all backgrounds are welcome to join and achieve Professional Master Certification (PSM) I.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Watch two short videos (less than 30 minutes)
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders based on an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway
The PSM course is a mix of lecture, case studies and interactive exercises as you collaborate with other students:
- Scrum Theory & Principles
- How variables can lead to complexity.
- Relating complexity and management styles.
- Predictive and empirical approaches to problems.
- Exploring the advantages of Agility.
- Scrum and the three legs of empiricism.
- The Scrum Framework
- What's needed for Scrum?
- Exploring accountability.
- Scrum roles, events and artifacts.
- Examining the value of time-boxing.
- Scrum values and empiricism.
- Done and Undone
- Can quality become a habit?
- Technical debt and addressing its effect.
- Understanding the importance of Done.
- Defining "potentially releasable".
- Impacts of not defining Done.
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Why Plan Product Development with Scrum?
- Techniques for Product Backlog ordering and valuation.
- Methods of Product Backlog organization.
- Techniques for estimating size of Product Backlog Items.
- Planning and forecasting.
- Monitoring and reporting progress.
- People and Teams
- Great teams.
- Intrinsic motivation.
- Scrum Values.
- Stages of Group Development.
- The Scrum Master
- Experiencing positive leadership.
- Choices of servant leaders.
- How will you help others improve?
- Responsibilities of a Scrum Master.
- Scrum Master skills and traits.
About Your Trainer
This course will be facilitated by Chris Belknap - Professional Scrum Trainers (PST)
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Scrum On is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score. If you attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
The PSM exam assessment is taken outside of the course, and can be taken anywhere the student has an internet connection (i.e. your home, office, etc.). In other words you do not have to travel to an exam center.
PMI PDU CREDITS
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
WHY SCRUM.ORG TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION?
- Scrum.org is run by the co-creator of Scrum, Ken Schwaber. He also maintains the Scrum Guide. The organization is run by folks who eat, sleep and breathe Scrum and it shows in the carefully crafted curriculum and examinations.
- It ain't easy. Your Scrum.org certification will hold more credibility with employers because you don't receive it automatically after taking a course. You must pass the certification exam. Your PSM training gives you an excellent shot at achieving certification.
- Once you receive a Professional Scrum certification by passing the assessment, you keep that certification and remain listed on our website as being a Professional forever. You do not need to retest as you have already proved your knowledge, nor do you need to pay additional money to retain that certification.
- Scrum.org's courseware is uniform and rigorously updated and fine-tuned to ensure every participant receives valuable and actionable training from Professional Scrum Trainers. To be clear, uniform doesn't mean boring! It means quality!