Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Oct 21-22, 2020
About the course
You think about joining us for these two days to learn what Scrum is really about and prepare for the Professional Scrum Master I certification assessment? We are glad to provide you more information about what you can expect.
Professional Scrum Master (PSM or PSM I) is a 2-day course that covers the principles and empirical process theory underpinning the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed. With the focus on the Scrum Master role, the course includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership, behavioural shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation.
The PSM course from scrum.org is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this highly engaged and interactive course students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team, learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises.
Who is this course for?
The PSM course is designed for people who look to get the most out of their organization and people.
The course is also designed for professionals either starting in the role of a Scrum Master or looking to transition to this role. For people already working with a Scrum team, supporting software development teams or involved in software development using the Scrum framework or for responsible within an organisation for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organisation accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, project managers, team leads, IT/development managers, test managers, or Scrum Team members
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
- Students will have a clear understanding of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students will have a clear understanding of Scrum and Agile principles
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Students can effectively start using Scrum.
- Students can increase the effectiveness of Scrum
Before the Course
You will make the most of the class if you:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (This is required to do before the training).
- Have made several attempts and passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, working as a Scrum Master or by taking part in another Professional Scrum course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber
Topics Covered in the Course
- Scrum basics, principles, and values. We will learn about complexity, what does it mean in software environments. We will learn about empiricism and how it can help us in a complex environment.
- Scrum theory. We will learn about what Scrum is, how does it relate to Agility, and what is the difference between Scrum and other approaches.
- The Scrum Framework. We will learn about Roles, Rules, Events, and Artefacts of Scrum and tie it back to the values and principles.
- Done, Undone and Quality. We will learn what is an Increment, what does “Done” in the context of Scrum means, and what happens with something that is “Not Done”.
- Product Delivery with Scrum. We will learn about Product Backlog and planning with Scrum. About prioritisation, product backlog ordering, and forecasts.
- People and teams. We will learn about self-organisation, cross-functionality and how does it influence productivity and effectiveness and what does this mean for the Scrum Team.
- The role of the Scrum Master. We will learn what Scrum Master actually do and what skills can help a Scrum Master succeed.
After the Course
You have received very strong learning on your Scrum journey, done a big step on your Scrum career, and found great connections that help you grow. But also…
- Learned the principles and rules of the Scrum framework.
- Learned about the role of the Scrum Master in Scrum.
- Experienced the role of a Scrum Master in a variety of exercises.
- Learned new practices and got new tips that can help you on your journey.
- Took part in the highest quality Scrum course on the market
- Spent 2 days of engaging exercises, discussions, and learning
- Worked through consistent training material maintained by Scrum.org
- Learned from the personal practical experience of the trainer based on a big amount of real-life examples.
You take with you:
- Training materials and handouts
- Pictures of all flip charts and materials created during the class
- 2 Free attempts to Professional Scrum Master I assessment
- Discount for Professional Scrum Master II assessment
- 14 PMI PDU credits
About the Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Master course is associated with the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) credential by Scrum.org.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment and are qualified for a discount on the PSM II assessment. These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt free of charge.
Professional Scrum Master I assessment proves solid Scrum framework knowledge, its principles, and rules, as described in the official Scrum Guide. Assessment is taken online and in English. It contains 80 questions, is timeboxed to 60 minutes, and requires at least 85% score to successfully pass.
Your trainer Yevhen Domchenko and Prowareness are happy to answer all your questions about the Course itself.
You can contact us:
per Phone: +49 (211) 73149351
via web page: https://www.prowareness.de/
via scrum.org contact form
What People Says
Our trainings are rated with average score 9 from 10 (A range between 8 and 10)
The best training experience I have had!
Jack is really passionate ant enthusiastic about the topic. The training experience was very interactive and fun of insights. He shared his experience and gave a lot of practical examples and answered all our questions. I really loved working with different online tools seamless!
Facilitation setup was great!
I have participated in PSM training with Jack. It was very interactive training, I especially liked the different tools which can be used for remote trainings (and also when working together in Scrum teams)
I absolutely loved the interaction within an online training and the tools we used, learning in small groups and the hands-on experience from Jack
Price: EUR 1295
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US:
- Extensive experience with agility and Scrum since 2003.
- High practical relevance with many examples that our experienced trainers have noticed in their assignments in companies in the implementation of agile transitions.
- Each training contains a dedicated slot for questions that do not have to be directly related to the training.
- High-quality training guaranteed by a long-term partnership with Scrum.org. As one of two "partners in principle" we are in regular contact.
- You will receive the exclusive Scrum.org Reference Guide from us with over 150 pages of material and knowledge. Only official partners of Scrum.org may issue this guide.
- You have a free trial within 2 weeks of receiving the certification password. If you fail the first time, you have a second chance!
- To prepare for the course, you can use our "Agile Academy App", which was specially developed by Prowareness to prepare participants even better for the course. Here you can download the app free of charge from the Google PlayStore or Apple AppStore.
- After each training session, it is possible to have a final discussion with our coach to see which further programs can be beneficial for your professional development.
Professional Training Network ProviderProwareness
Registration for this class has closed