Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Jul 8-9, 2021
This is a two day Live Virtual Class for Scrum Masters, project managers, consultants and anyone else who wants to understand Scrum from first principles and coach their team toward increased effectiveness.
The training covers Scrum Theory and how it is applied in the real world to develop complex products, with practical exercises and discussions to reinforce that learning. You will understand what Professional Scrum is and the value-proposition of an Agile approach, which projects are a good fit for Scrum (and which are not!) and what it takes to make Scrum work in the real world. You will also have the opportunity to validate your learning with the industry recognised PSM I certification.
The course includes 2 days training and up to two attempts at the PSM I Assessment for £950 + VAT. The "Early Bird" discounted price is £850 + VAT!
Price: GBP 950
Early Bird Price: GBP 850 until Jun 30, 2021
Why should you register for this Live Virtual Class?
Who is this course aimed at?
Scrum Masters, project managers, consultants and anyone else interested in understanding Scrum from first principles and coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness
This course is online?
Yes, this course has been converted from a face to face training course to a "virtual" training experience using Zoom. You can take the training from the comfort of your own home in two full days, assuming you have internet!
Can a "Live Virtual Class" really compare to "in person" training?
Once I started running my first Live Virtual Class I was convinced. The energy in the breakout room discussions is amazing and everyone has a little more time and focus because they aren't travelling to a training venue. The overall feedback has been that the Live Virtual Class is great way to learn about Professional Scrum and some students even prefer it!
What do students say about my Live Virtual PSM Classes?
What are the prerequisites for attending the course?
There are no prerequisites. If you read the Scrum Guide beforehand you'll possibly get more from the experience but the course takes you step by step from first principles.
How many people will be in the training?
At least 4 and usually no more than around 8 students online to ensure maximum engagement for everyone who attends.
What time does the training run from and until?
Nine to five both days with frequent breaks and an hour for lunch.
What does the course cover?
- A fundamental understanding of the Scrum Framework including the roles, events and artefacts
- Scrum Theory, Scrum Principles and the importance of the Scrum Values
- The role of the Scrum Master as a coach and servant-leader and the various stances the Scrum Master can take
- Which projects are a good fit for Scrum and which are not
- The precise responsibilities of the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team within Scrum
- The desired outcomes from the Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective events
- The importance of a well refined Product Backlog, a clearly defined Sprint Goal and monitoring Sprint progress using the Sprint Backlog
- Detailed discussions of what we mean by empiricism, iterative and incremental development, time-boxing and value-based prioritisation
- Servant-leadership, self-organisation and collaboration
- Learning the importance of trust, transparency, inspection, adaptation and fast feedback cycles
- How to talk to stakeholders and management about Agile and Scrum
- Transforming a Product Vision into a Product Backlog and decomposing Product Backlog Items
- Self-organising teams, leadership styles and common team dysfunctions
- Complimentary Scrum practices including burn-down charts, burn-up charts, user stories and planning poker
- The importance of working towards a "done" integrated, potentially releasable increment each and every Sprint
- How to take all the learning from this two day course and start applying it in the real world, whether your team is new to Scrum or using Scrum already
How do I obtain the PSM I (Professional Scrum Master) Certification?
The course includes up to two free attempts at the PSM I on-line Assessment. You can take this in your own time. All you need is a computer with an internet connection and a web browser and the assessment password, which is supplied by Scrum.org after you have completed the course. It is an "open book" exam meaning you can have the Scrum Guide open and Google available but you need to answer 80 multiple choice questions in 60 minutes and the pass mark is 85%.
Students that attempt the assessment within 14 days but do not pass will be given a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
Duncan is incredibly passionate about Agile project management and Scrum in particular, in addition to this he is a very enthusiastic trainer... the combination is both powerful and effective. The feedback we had from every one of the attendees was exemplary
Nigel West, Principal Consultant at Synechron UK
Duncan’s course started my professional interest in Scrum. His enthusiasm and passion for the subject matter motivated me in pursuing the subject further. I would highly recommend Duncan’s training to any Scrum practitioner whether they are new to Agile techniques or not....
James Quantrell, PSM III Scrum Master
Duncan gave us the guidance and mentorship we needed to get up and running. We saw so much improvement after implementing his suggestions. It’s still a journey... but it’s great to know that we have someone like Duncan there to back us up as we grow out our own framework!
Alexis Mello, Scrum Master, Venturi Group New York
Duncan's experience was so useful as he was able to answer questions with a great deal of insight and personal experience whilst also providing an enjoyable and informal environment to learn in. I'd highly recommend one of Duncan's training courses.
David Stewart, PSM I, Technical Architect, Schroders
If you want to participate in sessions that are both informative and practical but that are also fun and effective then Duncan’s courses will be perfect for you. With Duncan’s help you will be able to adapt the Scrum framework more effectively in your team.
Penny Richards, Scrum Master, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
I reckon this would be the most value I've ever got from a training course
Morgan McCarthy, Managing Director of CDO Partners
This training course has been converted to a Live Virtual Class so will take place using video conferencing from the comfort of your own home!