Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Sep 9-10, 2021
Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually. Please use the links below to contact the trainers for more details
What Is Included:
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I certification exam (if taken within 14 days of the course)
- Two Professional Scrum Trainers!! - We bring all our years of experience working from small start ups to large corporations, helping them to implement Scrum and overcome the challenges that they faced.
- $ 100 discount for the PSM II certification exam
- 14 PDUs from the Project Management Institute and 14 SEUs of the Scrum Alliance
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- “From the Trenches“ real life experience of being a Developer, Architect working in Scrum and other teams.
When you attend any Scrum.org Professional Scrum course delivered by Andy or Me, We are offering a complimentary coaching session in which together we can help identify areas that you feel you would benefit from understanding further. You'll get to choose what we discuss.
So if you're feeling like you'd like to explore how you can grow in your role, career, or in your life in general, here is an unique opportunity for you.
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. The course looks at the role of the Scrum Master in the framework.
This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness.
The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts. Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Topics
Scrum Theory And Principles
- Attendees gain an understanding of complexity in software environments; How empiricism controls risk, and provides predictability in complex environments. The course covers what is agility and what is Scrum’s place within the Agile discussion?
The Scrum Framework
- Explore the Scrum Framework and how each, Event, Role and Artifact relates to each other. Allowing teams to work in complex, changing and challenging environments. See that each part of Scrum ties back to the principles and theory, while exposing waste.
The Definition Of Done
- Course attendees will discover the importance of Done and how it affects our ability to deliver new functionality. They will learn how to run a Scrum project and how to plan with Agility.
Working With People And Teams
- We discover how Scrum Teams are formed and become effective and the productivity and creativity that can be gained through self-organisation.
The Role Of The Scrum Master
- The course looks at the skills and traits of a Scrum Master; the challenges for a Scrum Master in helping teams and the organisation in using Scrum to become Agile.
- Attendees will look at the behavioural shifts that they may need to make in being a Scrum Master and a Servant Leader
Although there are no prerequisites, reading and reviewing the Scrum Guide would be beneficial for course attendees.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment, and are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment. The industry-recognised PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Professional Scrum Master I (Included In The Price Of The Course)
People who have passed PSM I, achieving certification, demonstrate a fundamental level of Scrum mastery. PSM I certificate holders prove that they understand Scrum as described in the Scrum Guide and the concepts of applying Scrum. PSM I holders have a consistent terminology and approach to Scrum.
Professional Scrum Master II
People who have passed PSM II, achieving certification, demonstrate an advanced level of Scrum mastery. PSM II certificate holders prove that they have an understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and can effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations.
Professional Scrum Master III
People who have passed PSM III, achieving certification, demonstrate a distinguished level of Scrum mastery. PSM III certificate holders have a deep understanding of the application and practices of Scrum and the Scrum Values in a variety of complex team and organisational situations.
All participants who complete the Professional Scrum Master course receive a key to take the PSM I certification exam. The certification exam is done online ; After the course, all students receive a key to take the exam, which consists of 80 questions and a duration of 60 minutes . The course covers all the necessary material for both certifications. The PSM III exam consists of 30 essay-type questions that assess the experience with Scrum.
No Renewal Costs
Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them. Once you pass the assessment, you will retain that certification, you will be listed on the Scrum.org website and remain there forever with no additional future costs.
Price: GBP 950
Steve has over 20 years of IT experience in various roles, ranging from scrum master for various development teams, technical architect on high profile projects to a developer who is just happy to be coding away. During this time, Steve has worked for sector-leading companies BSkyB, Nestle UK and Procter & Gamble whilst also working for small to medium enterprises to help them to grow their business by supporting their development processes and the teams within.
In addition to being a trainer, Steve is a TOGAF certified architect and a former Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.
Steve has worked in various teams (Scrum and none Scrum) so comes packed with real-life stories. From Start-Ups building the next social media network up to large corporations handling thousands of transactions a second. If you want to learn from someone who has been there and done it, then Steve would be able to share experiences to help you on your way.
Andy is a highly experienced agile practitioner, Scrum coach and Professional Scrum Trainer.
Over his 13 years of working in both the private and public sector, he has developed a deep understanding of the challenges around organisational complexity and the impact on delivery teams and behaviour.
His first agile experience was working as part of a small development team within the British Computing Society. It was there that Andy learned the true value of how close stakeholder interaction with rapid feedback can lead to teams producing great results while retaining a significant focus on return on investment and business value.
Andy has worked with software delivery for both product and service organisations. He is an experienced Scrum Coach with recent examples of his ability to build up new Scrum teams through to becoming highly successful Scrum delivery practitioners.
A firm believer that great teams build great products, Andy strives for success and in doing so displays his experience and passion for agile in every engagement.
What do People Think About Our Courses?
Thinking about attending?