Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Oct 26-27, 2021
This two-day course is widely regarded as the industry standard class to become a Scrum Master. You will learn the underpinning Scrum theory and how to apply it in real scenarios through engaging activities facilitated by our trainers. Fundamentally, you will take away the knowledge and skills to help your teams excel at Product delivery.
Don't take this class if you're looking to sit back and relax for two days. The PSM I course and associated assessment is tough, but we'll prepare you well. You can expect to be an active participant and to leave each day feeling tired but excited about what lies ahead for your practice. This class is not a pair of trainers lecturing you via a remote call - it's an immersive experience.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. The curriculum and learning objectives are standardised to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
The prices shown below are relevant for primary markets only. Please see the section 'Pricing' below for reductions depending on your geographic location.
More information on this Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) class can be found by downloading the attachment here.
Price: USD 1295
Throughout this class, you will learn why and how Scrum is used to deliver products in complex environments. Converse to popular thinking, Scrum is not just for software delivery- it can and is being leveraged for physical and service products too.
Who should attend?
This class is for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, organisational managers who work with Scrum Teams, or anyone who wants to learn how Scrum can improve their value delivery. Despite the name of the class, it is not just for Scrum Masters.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating, nor any experience of being in a Scrum Team.
What is the class?
You will learn the theory behind the Scrum framework and hear experiences from our trainers about how they’ve applied the principles in industry.
The areas of focus are:
- Empiricism – the evidence-based, decision-making theory that underpins the whole Scrum framework.
- Scrum Values – the five core values that provide the bedrock on which successful, self-managing Scrum Teams are built.
- Scrum Team – the three accountabilities and how they work together to produce a Done increment.
- Events – the opportunities Scrum provides to inspect and adapt, ensuring focus remains on value delivery.
- Artefacts – the transparent articles that are inspected throughout a Sprint and adapted as needed.
- Self-managing Teams – the qualities of good Scrum Teams and how they work together.
Also touched upon are; Done, facilitation styles, leadership styles, coaching and mentoring, forecasting and release planning, Product value, Product Backlog management, emergent software development, managing technical risk, and continuous quality.
By signing up for this class, you are eligible for some benefits offered by Scrum.org. These include:
- one free attempt at the PSM I assessment (a saving of $150)
- a second free attempt (if you try, and fail to meet the 85% passing mark within 14 days of the class finishing). If you pass on the first attempt, a second attempt will not be given
- a 40% discount on a PSM II assessment purchase
- 14 PDUs that can be used to evidence your continued learning requirement for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- upon successful completion of the PSM I assessment, lifetime certification for PSM I - it will never expire unlike other providers
Your Professional Scrum Trainers
Ryan is the primary trainer at Optilearn (optilearn.co.uk). He is an experienced Scrum Master, Agile Coach and educator. He is a Professional Scrum Trainer with scrum.org and offers official training courses using accredited material. He also holds Qualified Teacher Status in the UK. He is an active consultant, working with clients primarily in the software domain, but has experience leveraging agile frameworks in a variety of product development environments. Ryan believes that the best teachers are the ones who practise what they teach, and so with Ryan as your trainer you can be assured he is speaking from experience. Ryan is active on social media and welcomes connections via LinkedIn. Alongside this, he is also the co-creator of 'Scrum Lake', an innovative two-hour workshop that encourages participants to dive deeper into Scrum theory and real practice.
Alex is an experienced agile practitioner, coach and trainer with twenty years of experience in IT consulting. He is passionate about helping teams discover the best ways of working adapted to their context. He’s been exposed to various industries among which: Telecoms, Energy, Finance or Aeronautics. Alex provides training on many agile frameworks and practices all around the world in French & English.
The pricing of our classes varies based on your geographic location. For more information on the classification of primary/secondary/tertiary markets, please see here.
Primary markets: $1295
Secondary Markets: $1000
Tertiary markets: $700
Once you have registered using the link below, we will contact you to identify your relevant market and send you a correct invoice.
If you have any questions, please contact Optilearn at:
This event will be held as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) using a combination of Zoom and MURAL.
Joining instructions will be sent one week prior to the class start date.