Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Jan 27-28, 2022
In-depth course for anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework
Join me for two days to learn what Scrum is really about and prepare for the Professional Scrum Master certification exam.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team.
This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Price: CAD 1495
By the end of this 2-day course you will have:
- Understood the principles and rules of the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it;
- Played the role of a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders in a variety of exercises;
- Learned new practices that can help you and your organization in their Scrum implementation;
- Prepared for tough questions at the PSM I certification exam;
And even more so, Professional Scrum Master™ training will have given you a strong start of your Scrum career and connections that help you grow.
What's included in the course:
- The highest quality Scrum course on the market
- 2 days of engaging exercises and learning
- Consistent training material maintained by Scrum.org
- Personal hands-on experience of the trainer
- Up to 2 free PSM I exam attempts
- 40% discount on PSM II exam after passing PSM I
- 14 PMI PDU credits for course attendance
Topics covered in the class:
- Scrum theory and principles. We'll learn what complexity means in software environments and how empiricism can help us control risk and improve predictability. We'll talk about what agility is and what Scrum’s place is within Agile.
- The Scrum Framework. We'll see how each element of Scrum is tied back to the principles and theory.
- The Definition of Done. We'll uncover what really is "Done" in the context of Scrum and how it affects our ability to deliver our products.
- Running a Scrum project. We'll talk about the Product Backlog and planning with Agility, and we'll learn some useful ways to prioritize work based on value.
- Working with people and teams. We'll understand how self-organization and cross-functionality can help Scrum Teams become more effective.
- The role of the Scrum Master. We'll learn what skills and traits can help a Scrum Master succeed and how to approach the challenges by staying true to Scrum.
Who is this for:
The PSM course is designed for professionals either starting in the role of a Scrum Master, looking to transition to this role, or people already working with a Scrum team.
If you are very new to Scrum or work in a role unrelated to a Scrum team, we recommend for you to attend a Professional Scrum FoundationsTM (PSF) course instead.
About your trainer:
Hi, my name is Daria Bagina. I am a Professional Scrum Trainer and a practicing Scrum Master.
With years of experience in the field, having worked with companies and leaders across industries, I this course I will share my experience of implementing Scrum, the challenges I have faced and solutions that worked for me.
What people say:
Additional information about the class:
Here are a few useful links to give you additional information about the course:
- Download the course overview
- The course description on the official Scrum.org website
- The levels of Professional Scrum MasterTM certifications
Professional Scrum Master Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
We believe that we can provide an awesome experience for the participants, keep them safe and keep the integrity of the class at the same time:
- All the same training material will be covered.
- All the exercises will be run as close to their intended in-person experience using modern online collaboration tools.
- The class will give you an excellent opportunity to learn how to work with remote teams that becomes even more relevant in current times.
- 9:00 am EST: Start time. The conference line will be open 30 minutes before the start.
- 8-12 minute breaks approximately every hour.
- ~12:15 pm EST - 1:15 pm EST: Lunch.
- ~4:30 pm EST: End time.
Professional Training Network ProviderPyxis Technologies
Registration for this class has closed