Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Sep 21-22, 2022
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an online course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
Here are a few useful links to give you additional information about the course:
- Click here to learn more about the course.
- Download the course overview
- The levels of Professional Scrum Master™ certifications
What You Will Learn
In this class, students will learn the mechanics of Scrum, as well as the insights into complexity, team-based collaboration, and self-management as essential elements in mastering Scrum. And students will experience how the Scrum framework improves product development efforts.
Who Should Attend
PSM training is specifically designed for professionals who introduce and/or run Scrum within an organization. It is valuable for anyone involved in complex product development using the Scrum Framework.
You will directly benefit from the PSM training if you are a:
- Scrum Team members including Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Developers
- Development Manager/management roles
Live Virtual Class:
Session(s): ………………… Two days live virtual class sessions
Start/End Time: ……….…… 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM (America/Vancouver)
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase their effectiveness if already underway.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules, and artifacts
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
Our online classes are very much case-driven with plenty of room for interaction and conversation. Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises.
Although there are no prerequisites, attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF)/Applying Professional Scrum (APS) or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a product using Scrum
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen
What is Included:
- 2 days of engaging exercises and learning online
- Up to 2 free PSM-I exam attempts
- 40% discount on PSM-II exam after passing PSM-I
- Electronic copy of training material maintained by Scrum.org and Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs)
The Professional Scrum Master course has two associated credentials: Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment. And the participants are entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
PMI PDU Credits:
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
- Can you deliver this course privately for my organization?
Yes, we can deliver training privately and can schedule training around your availability and time zone. contact us at education@HowAgile.org
- I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Email us at education@HowAgile.org and we will advise you.
- Do you offer discounts for group bookings?
Yes, get in touch at education@HowAgile.org for more info, selected courses are eligible for 3 for 2 offers.
- I am a contractor and self-funding can you help me with the cost of the course?
Yes, get in touch at education@HowAgile.org we can discuss spreading payments over several months as well as discounts.
- Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at education@HowAgile.org
• This class will be delivered virtually using online tools like Zoom and Mural. Online meeting links will be sent the day before the class start.
• It's best if you can have a quiet environment to work in for the full duration of the class. Headphones are highly recommended. Be ready to turn on your camera as well.
• If you're using your work laptop, please make sure that your VPN won't cause connection issues or block external software. If uncertain, please use your personal computer.