Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, March 25-26, 2023
This course will run over two consecutive 8-hour days, with breaks.
- 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Los Angeles Time PDT zone
- 12:00 pm - 08:00 pm New York Time EDT zone
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is a 2-Day / USA-WEEKEND (8 hours each day) course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it.
This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
Who Should Attend
- Anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum framework
- Anyone accountable for getting the most out of Scrum
- Aspiring Scrum Master
- Experienced Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Scrum Team Members
Not sure if you should attend? Contact email@example.com to help find the right course for you.
- A clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum adoption
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- Done and Undone Work
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
Certification & Assessments
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
- Live Virtual Activity-Based Learning
- Course Materials:
- Access to full PSM 1 slide deck and complementary materials used during the course
- 1 free attempt to earn your PSM I certification (Lifetime certification)
- If you take the assessment within 14 days and you do not pass on your first attempt you will get a second attempt free.
- Scrum.org Membership
- 40% discount on an attempt to earn your PSM II certification
Exclusive Bonuses (Only from Andreanna Marshall):
- Access to Project Academy Community- be a part of a growing Scrum Master community
- 1:1 Coaching session - receive one free hour coaching session to discuss your topic of choice regarding scrum (Scrum coaching, exam coaching, etc.)
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Student Reviews: https://www.scrum.org/andreanna-marshall (click on my profile to review all student reviews)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any prerequisites?
There is no required prerequisite to the PSM 1 course. It is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals
How should I prepare for the course?
The only preparation required is to read the Scrum Guide.
How do I achieve the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification?
The PSM I certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment in your own time following the course. It can be taken from any internet-connected computer.
What is required to achieve the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification?
The PSM I assessment is comprised of 80 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 85%. The course fee provides up to 2 attempts at the PSM I assessment.
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
I'm not sure if I have enough experience to take the course. What should I do?
Come anyway! There will be plenty of opportunities to practice and learn from the collective intelligence of the students.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending the two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://www.pmi.org.
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions?
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This will be a Live Virtual Remote/Online Class.
Training will begin promptly at the posted class hours on all 2 days.
Full details on how to participate will be sent to you 1 week before the class and the same day if you register during the last week until course registration ends.