Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, June 10-11, 2023
Become a Professional Scrum Master!
The 2 day, highly interactive Professional Scrum Master course inspects the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
The course will cover all the team roles, events and artifacts, so that you can be an effective Scrum Master or member of a Scrum team.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other students together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Included within your course :-
- 2 days of high-quality instruction from a Scrum.org Trainer and Agile expert with over 20 years’ training and consulting experience
- Course materials handbook (PDF)
- Access to electronic copies of other reference documentation
- Recognition by the Scrum.org as a Professional Scrum Master after passing the exam
- Password to take the PSM I assessment and 2nd Attempt is included if taken within 14 days of the course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in product development using the Scrum Framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
- Scrum Framework
- Scrum Values
- Scrum Roles
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Scrum Master Accountability
- Product Owner Accountability
- Developer Accountability
- Scrum Events
- Sprint Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- Scrum Artifacts and Commitments
- Product Backlog and the Product Goal
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog and the Sprint Goal
- Complimentary Practice
- Story points
- Burndown charts
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway
What will you learn during the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) training?
We learn the theory of Scrum. To create an in-depth understanding of the framework, we talk about the different roles within a Scrum team and your role as Professional Scrum Master.
What does it mean to be a Professional Scrum Master and as a servant leader, how do you serve the Scrum team and the Organisation? After the training you are able to understand Scrum principles and practices, set up a Scrum Team and deal with complex Scrum issues in order so that you can:
- Be an effective member of a Scrum Team
- Work effectively as the Professional Scrum Master for the Scrum Team
- Deliver value for your customers and organisation
- Explain the benefits of the Scrum framework to key stakeholders
- Use the Scrum Artefacts of Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog and Increment to create transparency
- Understand how and when to facilitate effective Scrum events
- Understand how to employ Scrum in real world circumstances such as remote Scrum teams with people in different locations, fixed price contracts and third-party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
PSM I Trainers
Our trainers are Scrum.org certified experts and are highly experienced Agile trainer and practitioner with over 20 years of experience helping organisations with Agile transformations and product development. They will share their experiences and real-life examples, for you to better understand the PSM I learning objectives stated by Scrum.org.
PSM I Certification
The PSM I exam (plus one retake) and Scrum.org certificate is included in the training. The exam is taken online. Please note, only if you take the exam within 14 days of completing the course will you receive a free second chance. After passing the PSM I exam, you will:
- Receive a Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master certificate.
- Become a lifelong member of the Scrum.org community.
- Be included in the global Professional Scrum Master database.
- Receive a 40% discount on the PSM II exam.
Next steps to become Professional Scrum Master
After registering for the PSM I training, you will receive a confirmation email with practical information. A week before the training we will share literature if there's a need to prepare. See you soon!
Where can I contact the trainer with further questions or wish to arrange a private class?
You can email us at Nichervan.Fazel@scrumtrainer.co.uk
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information you can also visit our website at www.scrumtrainer.co.uk
Is this course online?
Yes, this course has been converted from a face to face training course to a "virtual" training experience. You can take this training from the comfort of your own home, but means you need to have an internet connection.
How does the online experience differ from the face to face training?
We all adjusting to this new reality and the need for social distance. We've been surprised how similar the online experience is to the face to face one and how engaged the students have been throughout the day. The feedback has been excellent from students who've taken the online training, along with the assessment results.
What is included in the price?
The price includes course materials, 2 attempts at the PSM I assessment, a lifetime certification from Scrum.org and a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment.
How do I achieve the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification?
The PSM I certification is achieved by taking and passing an online assessment in your own time following the course. It can be taken from any internet connected computer.
What is required to achieve the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification?
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 80
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, True/False
How many people will attend?
Our courses are kept small to ensure a premium experience.
Should I prepare for the course?
We recommend participants to read the Scrum Guide.
Can I claim PMI PDU credits for attending the course?
Yes. You can claim 14 PDU's for attending a course.