Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, July 26-28, 2023
What is unique about SmoothApps workshops?
- Discount for passed assessments: Receive a $100 discount for each Scrum.Org Professional Scrum assessment you have already passed (Scrum.org profile link will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive discount code for registration)
- Free Test Prep: Two 60-minute certification test prep sessions scheduled in the weeks after the workshop
- Slack Alumni Community: Exchange tips, challenges and get ongoing support from SmoothApps trainers
- Certified ROI Professional: Integrates ROI-based learning techniques into the training
- Co-Active Institute Trained Coach: Integrates co-active coaching techniques into the training
- Certified Trainer for Sharon Bowman’s “Training from the Back of the Room": Integrates brain-friendly learning into the training
- Real-World Experience: Integrates success and horror stories from real-world Scrum adoptions in companies ranging from 10 people to 10,000 people
- Humor & Story Telling: Brings ideas to life and keeps learners engaged
- Shorter 3-day vs 2-day courses: Reduces Zoom fatigue, allows time to discuss real-world examples and to catch up on work each day before and after the training
Learn Professional Scrum and How to be a Better Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
In this class, students are challenged to explore the Agile and Scrum principles so they can better understand what to do when applying Scrum to support their teams and organizations.
The course, developed by Scrum.org, uses a combination of instructor-led and activity-based learning where students work together in teams. Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) bring their own Scrum Master experiences and stories to the class and use their skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using their own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles, the Scrum Master accountabilities and why each element of the Scrum framework is important.
Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Course Learning Objectives
- Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organization
- Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
- Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
- Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
- Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
- Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
- Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
- Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
- Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master plays on the team
- Learn the skills and traits and behavior shifts required to be a Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Certification
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Master course is for:
- Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultants looking to improve their use of Scrum
- Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum
Registration & Price
Group rates of 4 or more are $1095 for early birds and $1195 regular group rate.
Schedule and Logistics:
Training will be online and begin at 9:30 AM sharp and will end around 3:30 PM on all 3 days. There will be a lunch break around noon, but exact time may vary. (All times US Central)
Students should login 5-10 minutes prior to start of each session to work through any technical issues.
All students should be able to use Zoom and Mural.
A Prework email will be sent prior to class start date. Our messages tend to fall into spam, so please check there and contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive a message from us at least 1 week prior to class.
- All students must complete the prework by the deadline to join the class.
- All students should keep their cameras turned on throughout the training.
- Any student who misses more than 30 minutes of the training will neither receive the certificate of course participation nor will they receive the free password for taking the assessment.
- All students must stay focused and engaged and should not multi-task during class.
- All students must behave in alignment with the working agreement co-created by all students in class.
Live Virtual Class