Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, November 2-3, 2023
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum Framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Included within the course costs :-
- Password to take the PSM I assessment. 2 attempts are included.
- Discount on the PSM II assessment
Who should attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum Framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway
Payment and Registration
Registration is effective upon receipt of payment.
- Card payments are accepted through EventBrite (please note that they charge a non-refundable fee). https://www.eventbrite.com/o/ian-mitchell-30194139750
- Bank transfer is also supported - details will be on the invoice.
Registration & Price
Ian Mitchell's experience in iterative and incremental delivery began with a PhD on object-oriented rapid prototyping in 1997. He then worked as a developer for several years where he witnessed the failure of many initiatives that were allegedly implementing Scrum. He realized that his true vocation was to help teams and organizations to better understand agile practice. Dr. Mitchell has a particular focus on evidence-based enterprise transformation and is the curator of a related site, agilepatterns.org. A Scrum advocate and accredited Professional Scrum Trainer, he is a veteran member of the scrum.org forums.
This course will be delivered remotely (on-line) via Zoom.
Joining instructions will be sent a week prior to the class.