Professional Scrum Master Antwerp, Apr 27-28, 2020
Basic information and registration
- Dates: 27-28 April 2020 (9-17h)
- Language: English
- Price: 1495€ + VAT (Early bird of 1195€ until 1 April 2020)
- Price includes:
- Two attempts on the Professional Scrum Master I assessment (PSM I).
- A 100$ discount on the Professional Scrum Master II assessment (PSM II).
- All the official materials and catering.
- A copy of "Scrum - A Pocket Guide," the acclaimed book by the trainer, Gunther Verheyen.
Price: EUR 1495
Professional Scrum Master is THE cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a the efficiency and effectiveness of Scrum Development Teams.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed.
The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course and maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
- Scrum theory and first principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artefacts
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in software or product development endeavours using Scrum.
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organization for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course will be taught in English.
Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Master course has two associated credentials : Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSM I and PSM II credentials.
Gunther Verheyen is a longtime Scrum practitioner (2003). After a longstanding career as a consultant, he partnered with Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, and Director of the Professional Scrum series at Scrum.org (2013-2016). During his time, Gunther redesigned and substantially updated the PSM course material and the PSM assessments.
Gunther nowadays engages with people and organizations as an independent Scrum Caretaker.
Gunther is the author of the acclaimed book Scrum – A Pocket Guide in 2013, and a second edition was published in 2019. Ken Schwaber recommends that book as “...the best description of Scrum currently available” and “extraordinarily competent.” Several translations of his work are available.
When not travelling for Scrum and professionalism, Gunther lives and works in Antwerp, Belgium.
Professional Training Network ProviderSugar Me
Registration for this class has closed