Professional Scrum Master II
Live Virtual Class, November 16-17, 2023
This two-day course is widely regarded as the industry standard class to developing your practice as a Scrum Master. The PSM II class is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey.
Don't take this class if you're looking to sit back and relax for two days. The PSM II course and associated assessment is tough, but we'll prepare you well. You can expect to be an active participant and to leave each day feeling tired but excited about what lies ahead for your practice. This class is not a single trainer lecturing you via a remote call - it's an immersive experience.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. The curriculum and learning objectives are standardised to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterise an effective Scrum Master and true leader while diving deep into how they serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organisation.
Registration & Price
Who should attend?
Anyone attempting the PSM II should have advanced Scrum knowledge, in-depth Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. We typically recommend ~1 year of experience fulfilling the accountability of a Scrum Master. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The PSM II assessment is very difficult and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating.
What is the class?
Typically offered as two day/four half-day classes, the PSM II is an interactive learning experience. Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how they help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make. Students will also explore what practices, tools, skills, and stances make an effective Scrum Master.
The areas of focus are:
• What makes an effective Scrum Master
• How to support the Scrum Team
• How to support the organisation
• Challenges of middle management
• Dealing with complexity and impediments
• Measurement in Scrum
• Successful product delivery and “Done”
• Facilitation techniques
By signing up for this class, you are eligible for some benefits offered by Scrum.org. These include:
- one free attempt at the PSM II assessment (a saving of $250)
- a second free attempt (if you try, and fail to meet the 85% passing mark within 14 days of the class finishing). If you pass on the first attempt, a second attempt will not be given
- if you require a third attempt, we'll split the bill with you. We'll cover 50% of the $250 cost of a third code.
- a 40% discount on a PSM III assessment purchase
- free attendance at a Scrum Lake workshop of your choice
- 14 PDUs that can be used to evidence your continued learning requirement for the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- upon successful completion of the PSM II assessment, lifetime certification for PSM II - it will never expire unlike other providers
If you have any questions, please contact Optilearn at:
This event will be held as a Live Virtual Class (LVC) using a combination of Zoom and Miro.
Joining instructions will be sent one week prior to the class start date.