Professional Scrum Master II Amsterdam, Jun 9-12, 2020
Due to the worldwide Corona crisis, we are offering a limited series of virtual Professional Scrum Master II classes. This is a great way to make the best out of time by learning and advancing your professional development.
The virtual Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is an online class for advanced Scrum Masters. In the past month, we've worked hard with Scrum.org and Professional Scrum Trainers to design an engaging and highly interactive learning experience that rivals the regular class.
The Professional Scrum Master II class is designed 'for Scrum Masters, by Scrum Masters'. We take a deep dive into the principles and values that underlie the Scrum Framework, and how you can use them to have the right conversations in your work. You also learn the stances of effective Scrum Masters, and how to use them to help your team and your entire organization work more effectively with Scrum.
After the class, you are eligible for the PSM II assessment certification. If you pass, you receive the industry-recognized PSM II certification. This certification doesn’t expire and makes you part of an elite community of less than 1,800 PSM II badge holders worldwide.
Price: EUR 1295
Is This Class For Me?
Because this is an advanced class, we assume a broad working knowledge of the Scrum Framework. At least one year of practical, hands-on experience as a Scrum Master is required. If you don't have this experience, or when you are looking for a place to learn more about Scrum, the Professional Scrum Master class by Scrum.org is a good intermediate class.
You can participate in our online class when you're based in Western Europe and would otherwise make the effort to travel to our regular venue in Amsterdam. We'd love to offer this class to everyone, but we don't want to compete with the many other excellent Scrum.org trainers and their virtual offerings.
Ever fancied to participate in a Professional Scrum Master II class from home? This is your chance. To make the most out of your online learning experience, the class takes place over several days:
- June 4, 15:00 - 16:00: Technical startup session to check webcams and practice with Zoom and Mural
- June 9, 14:00 - 18:00: Part 1 (Opening and the stances of the Scrum Master)
- June 10, 14:00 - 18:00: Part 2 (Services to the Development Team)
- June 11, 14:00 - 18:00: Part 3 (Services to the Product Owner)
- June 12, 14:00 - 18:00: Part 4 (Services to the Organization and closing)
What Will I learn?
This class is all about the Scrum Master. You learn how to use the principles and values of the Scrum Framework to guide your conversations, decisions, and interventions. Together with the trainers and other students, you explore the stances of effective Scrum Masters and how to make them work:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
Together, we explore how effective Scrum Masters provide services to their Development Team, Product Owner, and the broader organization. Throughout the class, we use Liberating Structures to make full use of the knowledge and experience of everyone in the class. You can use each exercise, game, and Liberating Structure afterward in your own work as a Scrum Master. There is also time to provide peer-coaching on challenges that you and the other students experience.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
Although every class is unique, this nice visual by Thea Schukken gives you a good overview of the topics we will most likely be covering (download a larger version here):
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
Why Our Class?
- Together with Scrum.org, we created and continue to develop this PSM-II class. As Scrum.org Course Stewards for the Scrum Master curriculum we work hard to improve the materials and ensure the highest quality;
- With tons of exercises and energizers we will keep you from dozing off during two high-energy days. No boring PowerPoints. In fact, we will not even be using a beamer;
- Every course will be facilitated by two experienced trainers that have coached numerous Scrum Teams over the years;
After the Class
- You will be invited to join an invitation-only PSM-II Retrospective – a quarterly meetup in the Netherlands for participants of the course. The Retrospective helps you achieve your learning goals, build networks and learn from other excellent Scrum Masters;
- You will be invited to join the global Liberators Network where experienced Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, and professionals give and get help;
- You will receive a useful book to further support you in your journey and the materials used during the training;
About The Liberators
As The Liberators, Barry Overeem and Christiaan Verwijs take a radical approach to organizational change. Rather than taking the lead, they empower people within organizations to drive change themselves. As facilitators, they create space where people can tackle difficult challenges together while also having fun. Inspired by the fields of complexity science and organizational psychology, they use frameworks like Scrum, Lean Change Management, and Liberating Structures to deliver fast-paced interactions, high involvement, and creative destruction.
With a strong focus on radical transparency, an experiential approach, and creating a shared purpose, they put organizations in a position to thrive on complexity rather than being defeated by it. Are you ready to leave your comfort zone and unleash your superpowers?
Check out some of our blog posts to get an impression of our ideas: