Professional Scrum Master II Amsterdam, Sep 15-16, 2020
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is an advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. After the class, students are eligible for the PSM II assessment certification. If you pass the assessment, you will gain the industry recognized PSM II certification. This certification will NEVER expire, and it makes you part of an elite community of less than 1,800 PSM II badge holders worldwide.
The PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization. The class then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Click here to learn more about the Professional Scrum Master II course.
Price: EUR 1495
Start and End Times: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader. The class teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. They'll learn how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, you need to be able to identify, and effectively apply which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, we will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more. There will also be time to provide peer-coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
Although every class is unique, this nice visual by Thea Schukken gives you a good overview of the topics we will most likely be covering (download a larger version here):
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
Why Our Class?
- Together with Scrum.org, we created and continue to develop this PSM-II class. As Scrum.org Course Stewards for the Scrum Master curriculum we work hard to improve the materials and ensure the highest quality;
- With tons of exercises and energizers we will keep you from dozing off during two high-energy days. No boring PowerPoints. In fact, we will not even be using a beamer;
- Every course will be facilitated by two experienced trainers that have coached numerous Scrum Teams over the years;
After the Class
- You will be invited to join an invitation-only PSM-II Retrospective – a quarterly meetup in the Netherlands for participants of the course. The Retrospective helps you achieve your learning goals, build networks and learn from other excellent Scrum Masters;
- You will be invited to join the global Liberators Network where experienced Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches and professionals give and get help;
- You will receive a useful book to further support you in your journey and the materials used during the training;
About The Liberators
As The Liberators, Barry Overeem and Christiaan Verwijs take a radical approach to organizational change. Rather than taking the lead, they empower people within organizations to drive change themselves. As facilitators they create space where people can tackle difficult challenges together while also having fun. Inspired by the fields of complexity science and organizational psychology, they use frameworks like Scrum, Lean Change Management and Liberating Structures to deliver fast-paced interactions, high involvement and creative destruction.
With a strong focus on radical transparency, an experiential approach and creating a shared purpose, they put organizations in a position to thrive on complexity rather than being defeated by it. Are you ready to leave your comfort zone and unleash your superpowers?
Check out some of our blog posts to get an impression of our ideas:
Registration for this class has closed