Professional Scrum Master II Cincinnati, Jul 29-30, 2019
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their ongoing professional development. The PSM II class is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course that dives deeper into how a Scrum Master can improve their effectiveness serving the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization. Through innovative interactions, students explore related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
After the class, students will get a passcode to take the PSM II assessment. After passing the assessment, students will gain the industry recognized PSM II certification, which will never expire.
Price: USD 1500
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is designed with fresh perspectives and innovative interaction techniques that facilitate learning about areas critical to Scrum Master success. Students explore how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make to create an environment for agility to thrive.
The Scrum Master role is complex and requires the Scrum Master to be able to effectively apply various stances to the benefit of the team and organization:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
Throughout the class, your Professional Scrum Trainer will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), and resources to help Scrum Masters enable agility, value delivery, and improved team health. Additionally, the student collaboration techniques used throughout class can be applied by students in their teams and Scrum Master communities.
- What makes an effective Scrum Master
- How to support the Scrum Team
- How to support the organization
- Challenges of middle management
- Dealing with complexity and impediments
- Measurement in Scrum
- Successful product delivery and “Done”
- Facilitation techniques
In this course, students will:
- Practice practices, tools, skills and stances that an effective Scrum Master needs
- Apply the Scrum principles and values to help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- Understand what the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Explore ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Discover tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Students will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have been a Scrum Master for at least a year; the content assumes a solid understanding of the fundamentals of Scrum
- Have re-read and studied the Scrum Guide
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Have read one of the Scrum books
- Want to expand their capabilities as a Scrum Master, to the benefit of their organization
Assessment & Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment, included in the cost of the course. If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM II certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no cost.
You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the Professional Scrum Master III (PSM III) assessment.
These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
What Is Included
- Course materials
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- One free attempt at the PSM II assessment (does not expire) - a $250 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM II certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- One discounted attempt at the PSM III assessment (does not expire) - normally $500, discounted to $300
About Our Trainers
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Cardinal Solutions is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "Extremely useful materials I will take back to my teams."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "My favorite part was that the instructor could accommodate all levels of learning - novice to expert."
- "Real life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to Jenny Jackson: +1-513-984-6700 / jennifer,firstname.lastname@example.org
Insight Digital Innovation (formerly Cardinal Solutions)
Jenny Jackson: (513) 984-6700 / Jennifer.Jackson@insight.com
Private classes, on-site classes, and group discounts are available!
Insight Digital Innovation, formerly Cardinal Solutions, is a global technology company committed to helping clients innovate smarter so they can create digital experiences that drive differentiation and loyalty. Our Agile transformation services team can help you adopt an Agile framework to improve how your organization delivers, develops, and approaches products and services.
Professional Training Network ProviderInsight Digital Innovation
Registration for this class has closed