Professional Scrum Master II Gent, Apr 29-30, 2020
Advance your Scrum Master skills! No doubt you have faced tough challenges that left you wonder. Now take a deep dive into your role as a Scrum Master. How can you serve your Development Team, Product Owner, and the wider organization better?
The PSM II is an advanced course that will raise your understanding of the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and Servant Leader. The class will teach you about complementary practices and the needed skills to enable you to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become an even better Scrum Master.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which, mainly from a Scrum Master perspective, focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master within it, the PSM II aims to clarify the desired mindset and behavior that is necessary to become an effective Scrum Master.
Click here to learn more about the Professional Scrum Master course @Scrum.org.
Price: EUR 1495
Early Bird Price: EUR 1295 until Feb 1, 2020
Language: English, Dutch
- Scrum? Not Scrum?
- The broad role of the Scrum Master - stances and skills
- Serving the Development Team better
- Serving the Product Owner better
- Serving the Organization better
Throughout these modules you will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. You'll learn how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as teacher, coach & mentor, facilitator and change agent.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, we will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques, resources and more that will give you just that. There will also be time to provide peer-coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today.
The objectives of the PSM II class is to help you learn:
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
You have at least one year of experience as Scrum Master and you want to step up your game as a Professional Scrum Master? Then this is the training you are looking for.
The PSM II class is designed to be by Scrum Masters for Scrum Masters. Through facilitating, teaching, coaching and mentoring, together with the other students you will discover and achieve the learning objectives together.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework through practical experience (required). It is strongly recommended to have at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment and the Product Owner Open assessment.
- Have taken part in a Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course or similar course.
Assessment and Certification
- The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is an advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. Upon completing the Professional Scrum Master II course you will receive a password to attempt the PSM II assessment.
- If you pass the assessment, you will gain the industry recognized PSM II certification.
- This certification doesn’t expire and makes you part of an elite community of less than 1,800 PSM II badge holders worldwide.
- You will also be entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment.
- Students attending Scrum.org training classes learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attempt the PSM II certification assessment within 14 days after the class but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM II assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI's "Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Ottergemsesteenweg Zuid 808