Professional Scrum Master II Kansas City, Dec 16-17, 2019
8:30 Am – 4:30 PM daily.
Professional Scrum Master Level II Course
Course Duration: 2 days (Live in person class only)
Course Level: The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Professional Scrum Master II™ (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. The PSM II course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organization. The course then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Scrum.org is governed by the originator of scrum, Ken Schwaber, and as such instructs students on the very core of Scrum. The material content is consistent with all scrum.org trainers, but improvements to are crowd sourced to the scrum.org trainers meaning many brilliant minds have contributed to the training material. The material is intented to be transform the way you approach work, not just instructional on the mechanics of Scrum.
Scrum.org trainers have all been rigorously assessed by the scrum.org committee through exams, interviews, mock training, and other means. Less than 5% of those who apply are accepted as trainers.
As part of this class, students are offered one free attempt of the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment administered by Scrum.org.
Price: USD 1595
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
Section 1: Introduction and setup for course
Section 2: What is an effective Scrum Master
- Scrum Master stances and traits
- Effects of successful Scrum Masters
- Servant leadership
Section 3: Services to the Development Team
- Successful development teams
- Effect of done increments
- Sprint goal and it’s utility
Section 4: Services to the Product Owner
- Management in Scrum
- Successful product
- Measuring outcomes
- Tips for Scrum Masters
Section 5: Services to the Organization
- Understanding and assisting middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent
1740 W 92nd St.
Kansas City, MO 64114
Phone: (913) 322-7062