Professional Scrum Master II Perth, Jun 30-Jul 2, 2020
Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually.
What's up awesome people! Thanks for your interest in joining us in this Virtual Class Instructor Lead Professional Scrum Master II class. Wow that is quite a mouthful isn't it? :)
Anyway, due to the current condition out there, many of us are forced by the situation to do many of our activities at home. Many people have requested me to facilitate a Professional Scrum Master II class virtually. So in this class I will deliver a standard Scrum.org PSM II material but I have adapted for online delivery so the value of collaborative learning is still optimal. I am here to support your learning journey to be an awesome Scrum Master.
What makes this class different to offline PSPO training?
- The class will be facilitated in three days starting from Tuesday - Thursday.
- But we will not spend the whole 8 hours in front of our monitor. That is going to be tiring for sure. So the schedule will be from 10:00-15:00 GMT+8. Please take note of the timezone.
- We will have one long break in between the scheduled timing for around 45 minutes. Some of you may need to have lunch or take a loot at the sun and get some fresh air. We will also have some ad-hoc short breaks to stretch our body for 10 minutes depending on the group agreement.
- This class is limited to 8 participants so that all of us will get optimal learning out of it. I want to ensure that each and one of you are engaged throughout the course.
What I promise you
- Even though this is a virtual training, this will not be a training where I will be talking most of the time presenting a powerpoint slide like you see in most online trainings. In fact, I do not have powerpoint slide at all in this class. Curious?
- Two way discussions and maximising collective intelligence. Yes, I will make you busy throughout the three days course. There will be many group exercises. You will be doing most of the talking rather than me.
- Practical experience and knowledge from me. You can pick my brain. I have been a Professional Scrum Trainer for almost a decade and I have worked with many teams remotely from South East Asia and still am. You will not get this with online trainings from Udemy or Coursera.
- The most awesome quality virtual training. I have invested in the best hardware and software found in the market to ensure that everyone who will be participating will get the best experience from this virtual class. I believe in professionalism.
- The learning still continues after the class is over. We will still connect and support with each other not only to get through the current situation but also to be an awesome Scrum Master via Slack.
- If you are interested in joining us in this awesome virtual training experience, please register yourself using the registration form.
- I will then send you the link to make a payment using credit card.
- Once you have made the payment, I will then send you the confirmation e-mail confirming your slot for the class.
- You will be invited to join the class Slack group so that I can brief you and other participants about the tools that will be used during the training and also some videos you need to watch prior to attending the class so that you can be prepared.
I hope this is clear enough explanation for you. But feel free to contact me if there are anything missing or if there are things that makes you doubtful or concerned. Looking forward to interact with you in one of my virtual classes. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Price: AUD 895
Start and End Times: 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM GMT+8 (for all 3-days)
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader. The class teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is an advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. After the class, students are eligible for the PSM II assessment certification. If you pass the assessment, you will gain the industry recognized PSM II certification. This certification will NEVER expire, and it makes you part of an elite community of less than 1,800 PSM II badge holders worldwide.
The PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization. The class then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master. They'll learn how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, you need to be able to identify, and effectively apply which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, we will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more. There will also be time to provide peer-coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
Click here to learn more about the Professional Scrum Master II course.
Live Virtual via Zoom