Professional Scrum Master II Worcester, Nov 18-19, 2019
Guaranteed to Run!
The Professional Scrum Master II™ (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. The PSM II course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
The PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organization. The course then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Assessment and certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. PSM II class participants who attempt the PSM II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
Price: USD 1495
Chris Belknap - Professional Scrum Trainer (PST)
I am Agility consultant providing Agile coaching, training and consulting in the Greater Boston and New England area, one of the 270 worldwide Professional Scrum Trainers (PST) for Scrum.org, and a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program Consultant (SPC). I have worked as a Scrum Master at several companies since 2008, and have coached hundreds of Scrum Masters and Scrum Teams at Fidelity Investments, Unum and Liberty Mutual.
For the past 4 years I served as an Enterprise Agile Coach and transformation leader at Liberty Mutual Insurance, coaching and training multiple Scrum, Kanban and XP teams and leaders, including managers and C-level executives. Prior to that I was involved in Agile transformations as a Technical Project Director at Unum and an IT Director of Software Development at Fidelity Investments.
I have dedicated my entire career to software craftsmanship, and have been working with Scrum for over 12 years. In my courses I share my extensive experience working as a software developer, Scrum Master, Project Manager, and IT Director.
I hold an MBA from Southern New Hampshire University and a BS from Bryant University. I am also currently a part-time instructor at the University of New Hampshire, and in the past I served as a computer science instructor at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell.
WILL FOOD BE SERVED?
Yes, catering from a local restaurant will be arranged at no extra cost. A light breakfast, coffee, lunch, snacks and soft drinks will be available.
IS THIS PSM II TRAINING FOR ME?
The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience. A PSM I certification (or equivalent) is beneficial but not required.
TELL ME MORE. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more.
There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF THIS COURSE?
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
WHY SCRUM.ORG TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION?
- Scrum.org is run by the co-creator of Scrum, Ken Schwaber. He also maintains the Scrum Guide. The organization is run by folks who eat, sleep and breathe Scrum and it shows in the carefully crafted curriculum and examinations.
- It ain't easy. Your Scrum.org certification will hold more credibility with employers because you don't receive it automatically after taking a course. You must pass the certification exam. Your PSM training gives you an excellent shot at achieving certification.
- Once you receive a Professional Scrum certification by passing the assessment, you keep that certification and remain listed on our website as being a Professional forever. You do not need to retest as you have already proved your knowledge, nor do you need to pay additional money to retain that certification.
- Scrum.org's courseware is uniform and rigorously updated and fine-tuned to ensure every participant receives valuable and actionable training from Professional Scrum Trainers. To be clear, uniform doesn't mean boring! It means quality!
474 GROVE ST, WORCESTER, MA
Registration for this class has closed