Professional Scrum Master Jersey City, Jun 4-5, 2018
INTRODUCTION – SCRUM MASTER TRAINING
The Professional Scrum Master training is the class for those looking to get a deeper understanding of the Scrum framework and how to apply is. It also prepares you to take the Professional Scrum Master I assessment which may get you the industry recognized PSM I certification. The PSM course is maintained by Scrum.org, who select only the most qualified trainers to teach their classes and who ensure consistency across trainers and classes worldwide.
Price: USD 1295
Early Bird Price: USD 1095 until May 4, 2018
IS THIS SCRUM MASTER TRAINING USEFUL FOR ME?
This training is best for those who have (some) Scrum experience and want to get a deeper understanding of the framework and how to apply it. If you don’t have any Scrum experience yet, it would be best to take a Professional Scrum Foundations class. During that class, you will experience Scrum and learn about the framework. The PSF class also comes with a PSM I assessment attempt.
The Professional Scrum Master training is targeted at a wide variety of roles, including project managers, team leaders, IT/development managers, product managers, test managers, business analysts, architects and developers.
ABOUT THE SCRUM MASTER TRAINING
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) training is a two-day class in which we underline the theory and principles of Scrum. After completing the training and successfully finishing the following assessment you receive the industry recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification.
TOPICS OF THE SCRUM MASTER TRAINING
This is a high level outline of the class:
- Day 1
- Introductions: getting to know each other, creating teams, determining class rules and exploring learning objectives.
- Scrum Theory and Empiricism: discovering and getting a deep understanding of the foundations of the Scrum framework.
- Scrum framework: exploring and understanding the mechanics and reasoning of the Scrum framework.
- Done and Undone: ensuring “done” becomes transparent and quality remains non-negotiable.
- Day 2
- Product Delivery with Scrum: exploring how to support the Product Owner and product delivery using Scrum.
- People & Teams: learning how to interact with a team, how individuals within a team act with each other and exploring team dynamics.
- The Scrum Master: wrapping up two days of learnings into the role of the Scrum Master and exploring servant leadership.
- Closing: retrospection on the class and learnings.
Once you have completed the training, an assessment key will be sent to you by Scrum.org. This typically happens within 24 hours of completing the training. While the assessment key does not expire, Scrum.org encourages people to take the assessment within two weeks of completing the training. If you take the assessment within two weeks after completing the training and don’t pass, you get a free retake (which is valid indefinitely as well). If you complete the assessment with a score of 85% or more you will instantly get your PSM I certification. You may find more information on the PSM I assessment and certification on the Scrum.org website.
FOCUS OF THE SCRUM MASTER TRAINING
The theory of the Scrum framework will be used for the Professional Scrum Master training. The class is highly interactive, combining theory and team exercises along with an occasional video. After completing the training you:
• Have a deep understanding what Scrum is, where it should be used, how it works and why it works
• Have an understanding of servant leadership and know how you can act as Scrum Master to your team and stakeholders
• Can improve the effectiveness of Scrum at your organization
• Facilitate various Scrum events
• Define roles and responsibilities in Scrum and determine how to apply these to your organization
DEFINITION OF SCRUM
Scrum is a framework to help product development teams be effective at delivering value in a complex environment. If focuses on incremental, iterative product development and delivery and build on empirical process control, in which transparency enables inspection and adaptation. While Scrum is simple to understand, it is difficult to master.
Reading the “Scrum Guide” in advance will provide you with knowledge of the Scrum framework. This provides context to the training and will help maximize learnings. Being open-minded and passionate about new ideas is a great mindset while attending the class. After the completion of the class, you will be sent further reference material.
Courtyard by Marriott Jersey City Newport
540 Washington Blvd
Jersey City, NJ