Professional Scrum Master Madrid, Nov 4-5, 2019
Basic information and registration
- Dates: November 4-5 (from 9h to 5.30pm)
- Language: English
- Price: 1.350€ + VAT*
- Price includes:
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) certification exam.
- A 200$ discount for the PSM II exam.
- All the official materials and catering.
* Can be saved for EU companies or non-EU citizens.
Price: EUR 1350
Professional Scrum Master is THE cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and anyone supporting a software development team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
The Professional Scrum Master class introduces the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. These are foundational insights upon which the rules and roles of Scrum are explored and discussed.
The focus on the Scrum Master role includes advanced thinking tools for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and scaling Scrum.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules and artefacts
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organization for running or introducing Scrum.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course will be taught in English.
Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Master course has two associated credentials : Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSM I and PSM II credentials.
Gunther Verheyen. As Director of the Professional series (2013-2016), Gunther updated and redesigned the PSMcourse with Ken Schwaber. Gunther left Scrum.org in 2016 to further his path as an independent Scrum Caretaker.
In 2013 Gunther published his book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide,” a ‘smart travel companion’ to Scrum. His book is highly appraised for its focus on understanding the why of the rules and roles of Scrum, thereby deepening and expanding the official Scrum Guide.
Alex Ballarin is a Professional Scrum Trainer from 2016 and have been training and coaching in Scrum from 2010. He has been helping teams and organizations in software engineering, project management and IT governance from 2004 to 2010. He was a software developer from 1999.
Alex is founder and managing partner of ITNOVE.
Francisco Ricci 11. 28015 Madrid