Professional Scrum Master St. Louis, Feb 11-12, 2019
What Can I Expect?
First and foremost, you can expect to learn a lot while having FUN. Boring classes driven by PowerPoint don't get me excited, and I bet they don't get you excited either. We will do a number of small group activities and use a variety of tools and techniques to learn Scrum. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of information to take in but I believe that how its presented will go a long way towards retention, understanding and excitement.
We’ll cover the following main objectives:
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- How Scrum Masters use servant leadership to affect change
- How to effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum for work that is already underway
Topics we’ll cover
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
You can also expect to:
- Meet and network with other professionals
- Participate in small group activities
- Draw, talk and share using a variety of mediums
- Learn what Scrum is and how you might use it in your organization
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with an interest in learning more about Scrum! That being said, the following roles will probably get the most immediate benefit from the 2 days.
- Scrum Masters (current or aspirational)
- Development Team members
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Managers of technology
Price: USD 1395
Logistics and Details
What time is the class?
We will start promptly at 9am each day and be done no later than 5pm. You are encouraged to arrive to the room by 8:45am. Multiple breaks are held each day.
What is included in the fee?
- 2 days of exceptional learning and insight on the Scrum framework.
- Lunch both days, coffee, tea and water service throughout. Light continental breakfast both days.
- One attempt at the PSMI exam (a $150 value), lifetime certification and a 40% discount on the PSMII exam.
- A free re-take of the PSM I certification assessment, if you take your first attempt within 14 days of class and do not pass
- 14 CEU’s or PDU’s
I want to hold this class at my company, do you do private classes?
Yes! Please email me at Jim@LoopAgility.com to discuss private classes.
How many people will be coming?
I’ve found that the ideal group size for activities and discussion is 12-16. We will never have more than 20 people.
I’m not really interested in obtaining a certification, should I attend?
Yes! While many see the value in confirming their knowledge with a PSM certification the value is in the learning and insights provided by two days of immersion in Scrum.
Ok, I’m in. How should I prepare for the class?
I recommend two main things to all students. Read the Scrum Guide and spend some time thinking about what you want to get out of the two days.
What if I already have a CSM, is this valuable?
Again, a resounding YES! I hold both a CSM and a PMI-ACP certification and I feel that the PSM classes provide the best foundational Scrum curriculum, engaging activities and the right amount of balance between teaching, training and experiential discussion.
Do you accept <Bitcoin, Pesos, wampum, Purchase Orders, Gift Cards, etc> for payment>?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss specifics.
How should I dress?
However you’d like to dress to be most comfortable in a learning environment. #NoJudgment
Registration for this class has closed