Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills
Live Virtual Class, January 23, 2024
The Product Backlog is an emergent, ordered list of what is needed to improve the product. It is the single source of work undertaken by the Scrum Team. It changes constantly and requires a Product Owner to consider many options when adding to it, deleting from it, updating it, and ordering it.
Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum practitioners improve their ability to manage all aspects of the Product Backlog and stakeholder communication.
In this one-day* skills-building course, participants will learn techniques and methods to manage a Product Backlog that clearly expresses the future vision of the product and brings transparency to what is most valuable for the Scrum Team to work on to delight stakeholders and customers. They will get hands-on experience with refinement techniques such as decomposing and slicing Product Backlog Items, and address how simplicity can cure complicated and complex Product Backlogs.
Students will be able to connect the Product Goals they are investing in to the work being done as well as how to understand and manage their relationships with the stakeholders involved.
- Understanding Your Stakeholders
- Defining Your Product Backlog
- Product Backlog Refinement
- Creating Transparency
Course Learning Objectives
- Apply practical techniques to create, refine, and order your Product Backlog
- Identify and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Capture your stakeholder's needs on a Product Backlog
- Find better ways to make your Product Backlog more transparent
- Use empiricism as a competitive advantage
Who Should Attend
This course is appropriate for students who are currently working as a Product Owner and are looking for practical ways to manage their Stakeholders and Product Backlog. The Product Backlog Management course is for:
- Professionals interested in learning essential Product Owner practices
- Product Owners looking to better understand their customers and stakeholders
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
- Product Managers and Business Analysts looking to improve their Product Backlog management skills
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Skills assessment. PSPBS class participants who attempt the PSPBS assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
PartnerAgile for Humans
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed