Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills
Causeway Bay, November 25, 2023
Manage and Maintain your Product Backlog to Deliver Greater Value
The Product Backlog is an emergent, ordered list of what is needed to improve the product. It is the single source of work undertaken by the Scrum Team. It changes constantly and requires a Product Owner to consider many options when adding to, deleting from, updating, and ordering it.
Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills™ is an interactive course designed to help Scrum practitioners improve their ability to manage all aspects of the Product Backlog and stakeholder communication.
In this one-day* skills-building course, participants will learn techniques and methods to effectively manage a Product Backlog that clearly expresses the future vision of the product and brings transparency to what is most valuable for the Scrum Team to work on to delight stakeholders and customers. Students will get hands-on experience with refinement techniques such as decomposing and slicing Product Backlog items, while learning how simplicity can cure complicated and complex Product Backlogs.
Students will be able to connect the Product Goals they are investing in to the work being done to ensure that they are delivering value as well as how to understand and manage their relationships with the stakeholders involved.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
* When offered in-person, this course is generally delivered over one day. When offered as a Live Virtual Class, the course may be broken up into more, shorter days.
Course Learning Objectives
- Apply practical techniques to create, refine, and order the Product Backlog
- Identify and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Capture stakeholder's needs on a Product Backlog
- Find better ways to make the Product Backlog more transparent
- Use empiricism as a competitive advantage
Who Should Attend this class?
This course is appropriate for students who are currently working as a Product Owner and are looking for practical ways to manage their Stakeholders and Product Backlog. The course also caters to a range of roles involved in agile development and product management. The Product Backlog Management course is for:
- Professionals interested in learning essential Product Owner practices
- Product Owners looking to better understand their customers and stakeholders
- Scrum Masters wishing to be an effective coach to Product Owners will also find valuable insights in this course
- Product Managers and Business Analysts looking to improve their Product Backlog management skills
Professional Scrum Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Backlog Management Skills assessment. PSPBM Skills class participants who attempt the PSPBM Skills assessment within 14 days of the class and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
One Hysan Avenue
Rm 301, 3/F