Professional Scrum Product Owner Live Virtual Class, Sep 2-3, 2020
Due to COVID-19, This Class Will Be Held Virtually
To help support students, their organizations and our trainers during the COVID-19 pandemic, Scrum.org has adapted its In Person method of course delivery and will offer selected classes remotely with a live Professional Scrum Trainer and Virtual Classroom.
This Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class will be one of Scrum.org's selected live Virtual Classes. Prior to class, registered students will receive guidance and credentials to prepare for and participate in our PSPO class remotely. If you have any questions or we can provide any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 844-BE-AGILE.
Learn to Maximize Value with 1 of Scrum.org’s 2 PSPO Course Stewards – Dr. Charles (Chuck) Suscheck
Each Scrum.org course is assigned 2 stewards who are responsible for collaborating with Scrum.org’s community of 300+ Professional Scrum Trainers and evolving the course materials under the guidance of Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org’s Chairman, Founder and the Co-creator of Scrum. The 2 stewards for Scrum.org’s Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course are Chuck Suscheck and Ralph Jocham. Chuck will be your Professional Scrum Trainer for this class.
Scrum.org’s 2-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course provides leading-edge training for Product Owners and anyone utilizing Scrum and the Scrum Framework to help maximize the value of software products and systems.
Through a combination of instruction and exercises, you’ll learn about the role of Product Owner and key practices such as agile product management and value-driven development that can help you deliver successful products. You’ll also learn techniques and strategies for Product Backlog and Release Management. Finally, this course identifies metrics for tracking the creation of value and successful delivery of products and systems.
After participating in this class, you'll receive credentials to attempt the PSPO I assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSPO I Certification. Earning your PSPO I Certification makes you part of an elite community of 75,000+ PSPO I badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
Price: USD 1395
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in product delivery using the Scrum Framework. This course is particularly beneficial for people dedicated to helping organizations maximize the value of software products and systems.
- Apply Scrum related to the Product Owner role as described in the Scrum Guide.
- Serve in the role of Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of delivering and optimizing value.
- Effectively increase the business agility of your organization.
The PSPO course is a mix of lecture, case studies and interactive exercises as you collaborate with other students:
- Agile Product Management
- Why is Agility Important to Your Organization?
- Product and Project Mindsets.
- Techniques for Modeling Business Strategy and Creating a Product Vision.
- Value-Driven Development
- Defining, Delivering & Measuring Value.
- Optimizing Business Value Over Time.
- Value Metrics.
- Measurement Strategies.
- Scrum Theory & Empiricism
- Complexity of Product Development.
- Defined and Empirical Processes.
- Requirements of Empiricism.
- The Scrum Framework
- How Scrum Roles, Artifacts & Events Relate to the Product Owner.
- The Purpose of a Product Owner.
- Key Points for a Product Owner.
- The Product Owner & Development Team Relationship.
- Definition of Done and the Product Owner.
- Scaling the Product Owner Role.
- Product Backlog Management
- Key Characteristics of Product Backlogs.
- Product Backlogs & Roadmaps.
- Managing Vision, Value and Validation.
- Visualizing and Planning Upcoming Work.
- Techniques for Product Backlog Ordering.
- Release Planning
- Release Strategies.
- Techniques for Estimating Effort.
- Measuring Progress.
- Refining Product Backlogs.
After completing a Professional Scrum Product Owner course, you'll receive credentials to attempt the Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSPO I Certification. These credentials never expire, however should you attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days after receiving your credentials and not receive a passing score, you'll be granted a 2nd attempt for no additional fee.
Earning your PSPO I Certification will make you part of an elite community of 75,000+ PSPO I badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
Class Converted to Live Virtual
2500 Regency Parkway
Cary, NC 27518