Professional Scrum Product Owner Live Virtual Class, Sep 7-9, 2020
Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually. This is a weekend class to support professionals shifting career.
What's up awesome people! Thanks for your interest in joining us in this Virtual Class Instructor Lead Professional Scrum Product Owner class. Wow that is quite a mouthful isn't it? :)
Anyway, due to the current condition out there, many of us are forced by the situation to do many of our activities at home. Many people have requested me to facilitate a Professional Scrum Product Owner class virtually. So in this class I will deliver a standard Scrum.org PSPO material but I have adapted for online delivery so the value of collaborative learning is still optimal. I am here to support your learning journey to be an awesome Product Owner.
What makes this class different to offline PSPO training?
- The class will be facilitated in three days starting from Wednesday - Friday.
- But we will not spend the whole 8 hours in front of our monitor. That is going to be tiring for sure. So the schedule will be from 08:00-12:30 GMT+8. Please take note of the timezone.
- We will also have ad-hoc short breaks in between to stretch our body for 10 minutes depending on the group agreement. We will have a 30 minutes break in between the class as some of our friends in East Coast Australia and New Zealand need to have lunch.
- This class is limited to 10 participants so that all of us will get optimal learning out of it. I want to ensure that each and one of you are engaged throughout the course.
- On Friday, we may hang out after the class and have a beer virtually if everyone is keen for it.
What I promise you
- Even though this is a virtual training, this will not be a training where I will be talking most of the time presenting a powerpoint slide like you see in most online trainings in the market. In fact, I do not have powerpoint slide at all in this class. Curious?
- Two way discussions and maximising collective intelligence. Yes, I will make you busy throughout the three days course. There will be many group exercises. You will be doing most of the talking rather than me.
- Practical experience and knowledge from me. You can pick my brain. I have been a Professional Scrum Trainer for almost a decade and I have worked with many teams remotely from South East Asia and still am. You will not get this with online trainings from Pluralsight, Udemy or Coursera.
- The most awesome quality virtual training. I have invested in the best hardware and software found in the market to ensure that everyone who will be participating will get the best experience from this virtual class. I believe in professionalism.
- The learning still continues after the class is over. We will still connect and support with each other not only to get through the current situation but also to be an awesome Product Owner via Slack.
- If you are interested in joining us in this awesome virtual training experience, please register yourself using the registration form.
- I will then send you the link to make a payment using credit card.
- Once you have made the payment, I will then send you the confirmation e-mail confirming your slot for the class.
- You will be invited to join the class Slack group so that I can brief you and other participants about the tools that will be used during the training and also some videos you need to watch prior to attending the class so that you can be prepared.
I hope this is clear enough explanation for you. But feel free to contact me if there are anything missing or if there are things that makes you doubtful or concerned. Looking forward to interact with you in one of my virtual classes. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Price: AUD 895
There is a reason why Scrum call it Product Owner and NOT product manager. Product Owner take full ownership of the product, beyond just managing user stories for the squads. As the owner of the product this also means the stakeholders should respect Product Owner's decision.
As the owner of the product, Product Owner face constant flux and is always in dilemma. Who should the PO listen? Can he/she reject CEO's requests? Which goes first in the Product Backlog? Technical debt, architecture, technical excellence, features, defects? How does PO manage his/her daily agenda? How should the PO spend the budget? What should the PO optimise? Flow or value? What metric should the PO use? How does a good Sprint Goal looks like? How can Lean UX and Design Thinking help the Product Owner?
Join us in PSPO course where we will share war stories in Product Management and empower Product Owners with practical tools to face the dilemma. We have made the course timings longer so you can get the most out of the course. And we both promise to not use any slides in the class!
For whom is this interesting?
- You are involved in software development that uses the Scrum framework
- You are responsible for products from a business perspective
- You hold the highly accountable role of Scrum product owner
What will you learn?
Working in teams, you'll learn and apply Scrum principles through assignments, discussions, and challenging hands-on exercises and return to work thinking in Scrum.
You will learn:
- agile product management
- the role of scrum product owner
- managing requirements, products, and releases
- value-driven development
You will develop the skills to:
- understand the mechanics of Scrum and how the product owner fits
- act as a product owner for Scrum teams and stakeholders
- increase the business agility of your organization
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
The Professional Scrum Product Owner training has an associated credential Professional Scrum Product Owner level I (PSPO I).
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course receive two passwords to take the PSPO I assessment.
- These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSPO I.
Required to watch:
Online / Virtual via Zoom
Time: 08:00 AM - 12:30 PM GMT+8