Professional Scrum Product Owner Live Virtual Class, May 21-22, 2022
The Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course is on how to maximize the value of software products and systems. Product Ownership in Scrum requires more than knowledge of how to write user stories or manage a Product Backlog. Professional Scrum Product Owner is a cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a software product’s success in turbulent markets.
After the class, students are eligible for the PSPO I assessment certification. Passing the assessment will give you the industry recognized PSPO I certification. This certification will NEVER expire, and it makes you part of an elite community of PSPO I badge holders.
The PSPO course addresses a significant skill gap in the software development industry that we have seen growing over the last few years. An effective Product Owner is one of the best predictors of product success, but many Product Owners seem to misunderstand the breadth of the role’s responsibilities in delivering a successful product. Maximizing Return on Investment (ROI), optimizing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and capitalizing on product Agility are the things a Product Owner is intimately concerned with that the PSPO course focuses on.
Who should attend?
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum Framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for maximizing the value of work done by the Development team, including the Product Owner, Product Manager, and Leadership Team.
On day one, the training focuses on the fundamentals that are essential for understanding and satisfying the role of the Product Owner in the context of product management and Scrum. The course not only provides a greater understanding of the role itself but also gives you a clearer idea of the principles of agile project management by the Product Owner.
You will learn:
- Agile Product Management
- Value-Driven Development
- Scrum Principles & Empiricism
- The Scrum Framework
- Product Backlog Management
- Release Management
Day two stresses on a practical approach to teaching the methodological skills the Product Owner needs for successfully handling a Scrum project.
You will understand more effectively:
- Product build-up
- The relevance of user stories
- Setting and achieving strategic product goals
- Release strategies and planning with Scrum
- Estimating and prioritizing requirements
- Forecasting capability with Scrum
- Product development involving multiple teams
- The total cost of ownership
Price: SGD 1500
The 2-day Professional Scrum Product Owner course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum Framework, and the role of the Product owner in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
PSPO is the cutting-edge course for effective Product Owners and for anyone working as part of product management team toward maximizing value of work. The course includes advanced thinking for product ownership and behavioral shifts.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials taught by our 160+ Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Have taken the Professional Scrum Foundations course, or have experience on or exposure to a Scrum Team
- Possess a general understanding of requirements and requirements decomposition
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization
Included within the course costs
- Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I)
- To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSPO I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
- 40% Discount on PSPO - II
- Official course Material from Scrum.org
- No Renewal Fee for certification
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending the two-day Professional Scrum Product owner (PSPO). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s "Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Professional Training Network ProviderAgilemania
Registration for this class has closed